Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any GWers Follow Flylady Methods?

Posted by dilly_ny (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 9:37

Just wondering whether any GWers shine their sink and follow the Flylady plans for housekeeping? I recently subscribed (for free) to Flylady emails and I can't wait until my house is organized so I can start this plan.

So who else shines their sink?

Here is a link that might be useful: Flylady

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any GWers Follow Flylady Methods?

Dilly - Hate to admit it...but yes, I do shine my sink! Once the dust was settled I made a commitment to keep it clean...so every Sunday night I clean the sink and the appliances!

o

I have been very inconsistent with Flylady but enjoy the ideas and encouragements. I try to stick to the zone method to keep the chaos down. I absolutely love Flylady's purple rubber broom. It is the best broom I have ever had.
We just installed a hammered copper sink complete with a patina so I won't be "shining" this sink.

o

YES! In theory. I do a few of the things and I like the idea of babysteps. You will see testimonials like, "and as soon as family members saw the shiny sink, they started putting their dishes in the dishwasher!" or "Everyone in the family is so much neater now, they follow my example." I hope that happens to you - it hasn't happened in my family yet!

o

I've seen Flylady before - maybe I need to visit her again? ;)

I checked out that broom - they also sell a mop, too. I put them on my 'things I need for new house' list.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here