Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
backsplash help

Posted by remodeled_out (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 9:18

I'm in process of updating the kitchen. I have St Cecila granite, burnished chestnut cabinets with hardwood floors, and stone around the viking........HELP can't decide on best backsplash.....I know I don't want it to be too busy but don't want blah at same time.....any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: backsplash help

picture of stone around viking range

o

counter

o

Sorry, no help here, as I'm 18 months w/o backsplash, but I hope someone comments!

Beautiful kitchen, so far!!

good luck!

o

Beautiful kitchen. Creamy beige to blend with the lightest color in the granite.

o

This might be a bit too stone-y, but you have fieldstone around the stove. You could use something like this mosaic stone tile

If you want something a little more elegant, you could use a mosaic of marble and stone, like this one

In truth, I think your kitchen needs some light. I would either go for a classic subway shaped glass tile, or my favorite - an exotic, light reflecting shell tile. All of these images are from glass tile oasis at the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass

o

I like the idea of a light beige or cream that blends w/the granite. I do like subway tile - but I think don't think it is too different for the style of kitchen. My only other idea would be a big blast of color ! That might be add an exciting flair.

o

thanks for the ideas so far......never knew something so exciting would cause such a fear of picking the wrong thing and it all going wrong LOL

o

Back splashes are difficult. That is why the ABB (all but backsplash club) has such a large membership. There are some recent posts of similar colored kitchens hunting for back splashes.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg101822411160.html?24

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1012484018310.html

Also take a look at Houzz.com - and search for your granite

o

You have a lot of pattern in the stone and in the granite tops, so I would keep the backsplash as neutral and light as possible....and match the grout to the tile so the backsplash is as uniform in color as possible.

o

metal-see what you can find and is reccomended for verticals in that sort of a niche-copper...stainless....bronzey....[great juxtaposition with the stone]

o

I found this tile. Any thoughts. Will use the smaller mosaic for design above the range.

o

Sorry forgot pic

o

Sorry forgot pic

o

I found this tile. Any thoughts. Will use the smaller mosaic for design above the range.

o

there's 2 mosaics on that board-lower left and upper left-are you looking for another tile for the perimeter backsplash? If so, I'd wait till you get the mosaics in. A lot of contrast in pattern already between mosaic and the larger stones.

o

sorry, top mosaic is what I was thinking.....we are thinking using diamond pattern 4x4 tile....then use a chair rail and the mosaic for picture frame look above the range.....the mosaic would be like the mat in the frame......then the diamond tile would fill the middle...I hope I explained that right

o

Another vote for a big blast of color. You have that dramatic stonework over the range that is such a focal point. I'd go with something dramatic above the range and save the neutrals for the rest of the BS.

o

The stone work is very unique and looks great! I like the mosaic, but agree with other posters that a splash of color may be warranted. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here