Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i will survive...hey, hey!

Posted by berardmr (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 9:16

At first, I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking, I could never live without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking, how you did me wrong
And I grew strong and I learned how to get along...

You may remember how I was down and out with my nightmare of a floor installation. Well, after a month of fighting for what's right, my kitchen is almost ready for its reveal!!!

I battled floor tiles that were so uneven that we tripped on them, load bearing posts that were compromised, and a fridge that had obvious forklift damage but KitchenAid didn't want to repair/replace it because it was sitting in my garage for over 30 days (their limit for cosmetic problems).

Look for my cherry and white kitchen reveal in the next 2 weeks or so....

I am SO glad to be on the other side of this battle -:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i will survive...hey, hey!

Great post. Can't wait for your reveal. So happy your battles are behind you.

o

A month of fighting! Yikes! I'm glad you stood your ground and got it fixed.

o

You'll totally appreciate this under the circumstances... it's a hoot and you'll love it!

(And good for you!)

Here is a link that might be useful: I will survive.... hey, hey!

o

OK--maybe my kitchen remodel hasn't been as rough as I've thought...can't wait to see your reveal! (Mine will be here as soon as that LAAAAST piece of molding comes in...)

I'm very pleased for you!

o

Too cute, deedles. Thanks everyone.

o

Love that camera angle! Tells it all. Looking forward to your kitchen reveal.

o

Here's a visual for you...it's Saturday morning, a young mother with Snugli and baby in tow, 8-track blaring and the vacuum. You know the rest of the story.

Congrats on overcoming the many obstacles. You know what they say? "And I'll survive, I will survive, I will survive!"

o

Exciting!!!

o

You've got a captive audience berardmr ! I bet it is amazing!! Hurry up & post!!! Looks like you made it !!

o

go_figure01 - "looks like we made it", by Barry Mantilow. That's going to be my "reveal" song!! Thanks for the idea. Yes!

o

yes, I was humming it all along while trying to think of some cute lyrics too, but at the time nothing came to ming. will look to see what you come up with.

You deserve to enjoy that project! You certainly have been thru the wringer! SO excited for you!

o

Now we're sort of in the Thanksgiving season, and this is sort of food related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC5oqlEP4I4

My all-time favorite!

Here is a link that might be useful: I will survive

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here