Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fishies-cabinets up yet?

Posted by michelle16 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 9:03

Hi! was wondering how progress was on your kitchen? would love to see photos if any cabinets have gone up! good luck, can't wait to see it all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fishies-cabinets up yet?

Well, they were supposed to come this week but Hurricane Sandy got in the way. (And yesterday was my birthday, too!)
No power and LOTS of damage here at the Jersey Shore. Our house is fine, thank God. We were very lucky!
Hopefully next week on the cabinets. (and I hope the cabinetmakers shop is okay in PA).

o

Happy Birthday littlefishies. Glad you are safe and sound.

o

Glad to hear it!

o

Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see them too!

o

happy Birthday!!! So sorry you don't have your cabs yet, but given the destruction we've all seen from this storm, I'd say a house that's safe and sound is a pretty good present in and of itself. Best wishes.

o

Thanks everyone! So glad our renovation is complete on the outside so the house was in tact for the hurricane. All of our furniture was in the basement so we carried it up in case we had water. Thank goodness we didn't as the main issue was wind and flooding affected those closer to the water.

DH is out looking for gas for our generator as we are just about out of it and there aren't many places open yet.

secondhalf- Exactly! We are so lucky so that was a great birthday gift..

o

Happy Birthday - what a birthday to remember. Glad your house is OK - and hang in there. A generator - wow - hope you find some gasoline!

o

Glad to read you were spared.

o

Happy birthday! Glad you made it through ok. I have a friend on the northern NJ coast that hasn't checked in on FB, twitter, or his website since last night around dinnertime. Hoping it's a power thing since you are still out too.

Hope you can get enough gas to keep warm and dry!

o

Glad to hear your house is okay, I am in NJ as well, but one of the lucky ones with power. can't wait to see the cabinets, Happy belated b-day! Michelle

o

Happy B-day Fishie. So glad you were spared!

o

Happy Birthday from me, too! A birthday to remember for sure.

o

Happy Barley Birthday from me.

o

Donaleen-- LOL Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the bday wishes! I spoke to our PM and he said cabinetmaker said they are getting installed Monday... or worst case Tuesday...
(still no power here but he said that didn't matter and they can use the generator.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here