Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wine chiller in Island

Posted by rosemarynj (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 8:56

We are putting in an island with stools all around so can be used as kitchen table with caesarstone top - it will be counter ht. The dimensions of base are 22" by 52". Do you think we could put a wine chiller in it? I would love to have a wine chiller - just thought of this so would have to add this with the contractor. Is there a reasonable way to do this that won't cost too much money? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wine chiller in Island

You'll need electrical on that island, but you would need that anyway, so what's one more circuit added? And you will need to have the whole engineered so as to be firmly fastened together with the proper support for the overhang and firmly fastened to the floor. The "island" you've described is a huge safety hazard if done incorrectly. It all has to be engineered as well as designed. It would be very easy to tip over and crack someone's skull otherwise.

o
RE: Wine chiller in Island

Thanks GreenDesigns. I am hoping maybe I can just buy a wine chiller in Lowes or do you have a suggestions as to wear to buy one? Hopefully my contractor knows what he is doing with the island as didn't seem to think we would have any problem with it - never mentionded tipping over which would definitely not be good as it will be heavy.
He is putting electrical outlets on the island now. I will ask about the wine chiller. thanks so much for reply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here