Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bellsmom

A really easy way to make toe kick drawers! Will this work?

bellsmom
10 years ago

I think I have figured out a REALLY easy way to make toe kick drawers.
This combines the how-to article I listed a few days ago and a floor mounted slide from Rockler that I think would make it almost dead simple.

I don't know how to post two direct links in one entry, so here is the address for the Rockler floor mount slides.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21592&site=ROCKLER&filter=floor mounted drawer slides

Building the drawer will be so much easier with these slides: just cut the bottom, front, and back, and slide or screw them into place onto the sides of the glides. Use material to match your cabinets' toe kick for the front of the drawer.

The direct link below is to the original How-To article.

Once the drawer is made with the Rockler slides, fasten the slides to the cradle, slide the whole thing in place and fasten with screws.

Can it really be as easy as I think it will be? Please let me know if you think this may not work.

Edited to add this: These drawers will not be full extension, so, adding the cabinet overhang, the back 5 inches or so of the drawers will not be visible. How serious a problem is this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Original DIY toe kick instructions

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 8:42

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations