Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcy96

Stay safe!

marcy96
11 years ago

Just thinking of all my Kitchen forum friends on the east coast in the path of Sandy, and hoping that you all stay safe during this storm! I am in Monmouth County where the storm is expected to make landfall, so we are bracing for the worst and hoping for the best!

Comments (12)

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

Thank you. I am in NY and we are prepared. I am worried more for family and people closer to the coast than we are. Be safe everyone.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Yes, take care and best wishes!

I'm in the Albany, NY area, and there were already tons of school cancelations last night. We're due for some nasty wind!

• cawaps
    11 years ago

I'm following the news from the west coast, and will have my thoughts on folks in the path of the storm. Batten down & be safe!

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

Hope everyone stay's safe!

I'm on Long Island, we're expecting a direct hit. All schools are closed on Long Island, the city closed schools already for tomorrow. Many have lost electricity and there have been mandatory evacuation of homes and businesses on the South Shore, I'm on the North Shore.

I'm hoping for the best!

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

yep, we are in suburb of philly and are in the "extreme" area..

thank God it is only a Category 1 storm.

Katrina was Catg.5...i can't even imagine???!!!!

stay safe everyone!!!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

I've heard this storm is going to be bad because they expect it to collide with a cold front. I hope they are wrong and none of you have lengthy power outages. If you don't check in regularly, we'll assume you lost power.

Praying for your safety!

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

best wishes to all affected ! I hope your houses do not get any water/wind damage.
    NYC: winds very bad, rain has increased. I've been walking outside regularly and some restaurants/shops are still open. I think that's good because it's not fun to be alone if the electric does go out.

• phoggie
    11 years ago

May God be with all of you who are in this storm's path. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Houses can be repaired or replaced, lives can not, so please go to a safe place.....blessings.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Just thought I'd mention that at 1:03 am here in Maryland, between DC and Annapolis, it's eerily still. It's been raining all day long, and the winds were howling.

However... now?
    Are we in an eye?

I hope we're done, because evidently my roof leaks. Or so that water coming down thru my MBR lights indicates.

Just anodda ting.

• eam44
    11 years ago

Those of us in the Great Lakes region who are being hit by the storm but still have power (we are few indeed) are feeling grateful. Last year I lived on the beach in CT, got pounded by Irene, and was without power for 10 days. This year I live hundreds of miles away, and Sandy moves inland... I could take it personally but I'm just so happy to have heat.

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

Here in Denver the weather forecasters frequently get (snow)storm predictions wrong. They predict a foot of snow, schools close, and all we get is 1 or 2 inches. They say we're getting just 1 or 2 inches and we get 10 inches. I was so hoping the same would happy with Sandy. They predict disaster and it would change course out into the ocean or just not become the superstorm. Alas, it seems they got it right. Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers that you have found a safe place to ride out the storm and your home and property will not be damaged.

• michelle16
    11 years ago

seems alot quieter now,I drove out yesterday at noon to get a generator after searching and searching, I finally nailed one down. last night was so scary with trees hitting the windows, kids slept in the basement. Videos and pictures are shocking. Thoughts and prayers for anyone who was heavily affected