Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canadian160_gw

wolf microwave drawer grill very sharp edges

canadian160
11 years ago

wolf microwave drawer grill edges very sharp when installed in a standard installation - so we have to make cabinet larger to fit it for a flush installation which will result in the island overhand being 13 inches instead of the 15.

this problem is the result of the cabinet makers lack of attention to detail - I requested flush installation - he didn't read the appliance specs I gave him and everything is done (cabinets and granite are installed). Appliance installer messed up too so he is just getting to the installation now although I booked him over a month ago. Just another renovation mishap.

but my question is "am I making the right decision - lose a couple of inches on the island overhang or live with standard installation and very sharp grill corners"

I had planned so carefully to have a 15inch overhang and now that is gone.

However I have slab front cabinetry and flush mount everything else (refrigerator,freezer,dishwasher,warming drawer) so having the microwave installed differently does look a little odd. It is one open area, first thing you see when you walk into our home. We had been planning and saving for this reno for 8 years....I'm so grumpy but trying to just deal with the problem in the best way.

Comments (2)