Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wolf microwave drawer grill very sharp edges

Posted by canadian160 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 8:24

wolf microwave drawer grill edges very sharp when installed in a standard installation - so we have to make cabinet larger to fit it for a flush installation which will result in the island overhand being 13 inches instead of the 15.

this problem is the result of the cabinet makers lack of attention to detail - I requested flush installation - he didn't read the appliance specs I gave him and everything is done (cabinets and granite are installed). Appliance installer messed up too so he is just getting to the installation now although I booked him over a month ago. Just another renovation mishap.

but my question is "am I making the right decision - lose a couple of inches on the island overhang or live with standard installation and very sharp grill corners"

I had planned so carefully to have a 15inch overhang and now that is gone.
However I have slab front cabinetry and flush mount everything else (refrigerator,freezer,dishwasher,warming drawer) so having the microwave installed differently does look a little odd. It is one open area, first thing you see when you walk into our home. We had been planning and saving for this reno for 8 years....I'm so grumpy but trying to just deal with the problem in the best way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wolf microwave drawer grill very sharp edges

Would you consider returning the Wolf MW and getting a Sharp? (Sharp actually made your Wolf unit.) The corners of the Sharp are (ironically) not sharp.

o
RE: wolf microwave drawer grill very sharp edges

I hadn't thought of that - I had to special order it and have it shipped.
To have it shipped back and a new one shipped here is going to be quite expensive and another few weeks.

Having said that, it still will not be a flush installation and still stick out 1 1/2 inch as per the specs on line for sharp (but at least it will stick out with sharp edges) All the rest of my kitchen is flush and slab front drawers and doors.

So you think saving the few inches on the overhang is more important?
I've never had an island or peninsula so I have no idea how much overhang is absolutely necessary - I went with 15 inches after reading every single post on garden web new and old since oct 2011....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here