Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Can't wait to see what you tell kitcheobsessed about paint

Jamie
11 years ago

I have a similar question and do not want to push her thread down the list by responding there.

My house-wide trim color, including the original built-ins, is BM White Chocolate. Everything is newly painted in oil-based satin, doors, trim, all. White chocolate is less yellow than Linen White, but it is definitely OFF white.

My kitchen cabs will not have custom paint.

I know the baked on factory finish will age differently than will the woodwork in the rest of the house.

I don't really like the standard green or blue that the factory offers, and I have lots of yellow elsehwere that is not the same flavor of yellow that cabco offers.

So white or whitish is it.

They have a whitish that almost matches the trim color.

An advisor over on the Home Dec board says I should go for contrast. That would mean using the starkest white cabs available.

I'm thinking that could work well because the white would appear deliberate and the almost match could look simply off or dirty.

Floor is fir, tops will be stainless and soapstone. Also stripped a couple of windows in the room so there's wood tone above, too. Kitchen has four panelled doors painted BM white chocolate.

Choices are: almost match the trim, slightly lighter than the trim but looks ok for now, or stark white.

Your opinion, please?

Comment (1)