Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newdad_gw

How do I find my previous threads?

newdad
9 years ago

I posted a question on this forum on September 26, 2014. I cannot figure out how to find it. Can someone help?

Comments (11)

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

If you go up to the search box at the top of the page and search your user name your pets should come up in the results.

• newdad
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I tried, it says zero results even though I have three different threads on the site.

• Buehl
    9 years ago

Option 1:

1. On the page that lists all threads, scroll down to the bottom of the list and type your name in the "Search" box. (Use the Search box at the bottom of the list, not the top of the page)

2. If you just want to search the Kitchens Forum, select the "This Forum" radio button (it should default to selected).

3. If you want to search all iVillage/GardenWeb Forums, select the "Entire Site" radio button.

4. Select the "Search" button

5. The search results will include all threads you started, posted on, or are mentioned.

6. If you selected "This Forum", only the three Kitchens Forum sites will be searched (three sites: Discussions, Conversations, Gallery)

7. If you selected "Entire Site", all GardenWeb sites will be searched

1. Notes:

2. Only somewhat recent threads will be retrieved (last year or two, usually). If you're looking for a very old thread, see Option 2.

3. iVillage/GardenWeb uses "indexes" for searches. However, they only refresh/update the indexes once every 24 hours (sometime overnight). This means that you will not be able to find threads started today - you will need to wait until the next index refresh/update is run. However, Google is refreshed continually, so use Option 2 if you're looking for a thread started today.

Option 2:

1. Go to Google.com (or other search engine) and type the following in the search box:

newdad site:ths.gardenweb.com

1. The results will be similar to "Entire Site" from Option 1 but will include cached versions of old threads.

[Edited to fix list level]

This post was edited by buehl on Sat, Oct 4, 14 at 9:00

• zeebee
    9 years ago

Do a Google search. Try the topic, your name and gardenweb. Example: best dishwasher + newdad site:gardenweb.com.

• Buehl
    9 years ago

newdad - see item #6b under Option 1 for an explanation.

What was the topic of your thread?

This post was edited by buehl on Sat, Oct 4, 14 at 8:49

• Buehl
    9 years ago

Using Google, I don't see anything from you for September 26. I do see that you posted a question on a very old thread this morning (http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg030251494147.html).

But, that's it.

• Buehl
    9 years ago

I just searched the thread list (began on page 7 b/c that's when last posts for Sept 26 began) and then searched backward to page 1 and only found this thread that you started.

Are you sure you selected the "Submit" button at the end? Sometimes I've found that I previewed a response but was distracted or something happened and I never submitted my response. Could that have happened in your case?

Do you have any emails with responses from posters (assuming you chose to have follow up posts emailed to you)?

Was it off topic? (Sometimes off topic posts are removed or moved - but they usually still show up in a Google search...)

• newdad
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I forget the title of the thread, but I included a photo of my kitchen and asked about what color hardwood floors. I searched the Flooring, Kitchens and Remodeling forums as well as Entire Site, but "No Matches".

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

I just use google to search for anything on gardenweb. I would search for "gardenweb newdad".

• aegis1000
    9 years ago

Have you changed your username ???

• newdad
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I did not have my e-mail notifications set to on. Oh well, I suppose I'll post it again and go from there. Thank you everyone for your help!

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors