Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kyrenovation

Layout Gurus, I need help!

KYrenovation
11 years ago

Hi everyone! This forum is invaluable. I am in the early stage of my kitchen renovation. I hope that some of you will be so kind to offer opinions on my proposed layout.

First some background:

Our current kitchen is L shaped with refrigerator on the same wall as range. There is a raised peninsula bar off the sink run. The kitchen is on the tiny side 140" by 144" (11'8 range run by 12' width) The sink run is only 96". The kitchen is open to the family room. We would like to keep the seating off the sink run, but are not sure if we should lower this to counter height or keep the raised peninsula. I think the raised bar may be more fitting for our family. We use it almost every other weekend as a buffet server. Thoughts?

We use our dining room for every dinner, but breakfast and lunch tend to be eaten on screened porch off family room or at the kitchen table or bar. My only concern is in this plan we are eliminating the kitchen table, but we are gaining counter space. Should I be concerned?

I have posted several pictures of a proposed layout,, and would love any and all critiques!! my first thought is the trash pullout is too far from clean up area as it is located at far end of range run nearest walkway. Maybe I could switch that with drawer stack next to the super Susan? Then move drawer stack to right of range and have larger deep drawers against the wall by entry?

I think I like the new location of refrigerator. Do I need any kind of landing space by refrigerator? We are a family of 2 vegetarians. We go to farmers market twice a week and feel comfortable with our choice of 30" refrigerator. That wall is 76" long.

Thanks again for any help!!

Comments (9)