Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Kitchen (and 1st Floor) Layout

Posted by cucinamia (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 7:49

Hi all,
I've dithered about posting until I felt "finished" but that point isn't coming easily. I'd love some preliminary input about the draft design for our remodel, and especially the kitchen (and flow from it to the rest of the house). This is still a draft and it's a great time to make changes. I also have a graph paper sketch of just the kitchen which I will post separately.
I really value your opinions! Your collective wisdom made my last kitchen project so much better; I feel lucky to get a second chance!
Grazie/Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Kitchen (and 1st Floor) Layout

Here's just the kitchen, with no cabinets/appliances.

We have wonderful windows to work with (considering the cooktop in front of the window the the right) but four entryways.

I'm thrilled to be getting an eat-in area (it was a 3-season porch) but it doubles as a mud-room (the 6 cabinets are meant to be cubbies for each of us) and I don't know how that will work.

The peninsula is great for having a few kids in the kitchen and spare counterspace, but I worry that the traffic flow will be past the cooking area.

I've tried to figure out a second prep sink, but don't think it will work, but am planning a huge main sink, possibly with two faucets. I also prefer the peninsula to be solid (planning butcher block).

I love the idea of a cooktop separate from the wall ovens, but it's tight. And I still don't know where to stick the microwave.

I'd love a coffee station but the only spot I see is in the middle of the pantry run on the back wall. Maybe centered?

Thanks for all your input and creative ideas! Grazie!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here