Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
annkathryn or anyone- mrdirect sinks

Posted by localeater (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 6:33

Everytime I see annkathryn's sink picture, I think why can't I decide about a sink, get the one she got it is gorgeous!
So you've had it a while now is it still awesome, does it still look good, are you still happy? If you had to do it again would you go with mrdirect and with the same sink? Are you a heavy sink user or would you say your kitchen is more for show then for cooking?
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: annkathryn or anyone- mrdirect sinks

Hi localeater, sorry I just saw your post with your question. We sold the house with the MRDirect sink a year ago, but while we lived there we thought it was a very good sink. We had absolutely no issues with it at all - it was very sturdy. My kitchen is definitely for cooking but DH does almost all the cleanup, and he gives the sink a thumbs up too.

In my current remodel I would have used another MRDirect sink but wanted an offset drain so went with Elkay.

o

I was wondering why you were doing a new glossy white and walnut kitchen when your other kitchen was so nice. Moving explains everything.
What Elkay sink did you go with, my first preference is for a sink that drains in the right rear corner, as that will give my the most undersink storage. I only seem to find them in 8" or 10" depth and my preference is 9". Maybe I am too fussy.
When I start thinking I am too fussy is when I say- just get the Very Reasonably priced MR Direct sink. I do like the Orca-esque shape. The other sink I am considering is actually an ELkay lowdivide 60/40
From GW Photos

Who knew picking a sink would be this hard?

o

localeater I'm so sorry, I thought I'd responded to your post and now I see that I hadn't. This is the Elkay sink I ordered, in the 8" depth.

Here is a link that might be useful: Elkay sink

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here