Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Info on Marble

Posted by aktillery (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 6:06

I know many of us have questions regarding marble. Will it etch and stain... is it just too much to maintain, etc. We have done tests etc. I wanted to share this post from a blog that discusses marble. I think it is super helpful to read if you are considering marble. It most definitely helped me to make a decision and feel comfortable with it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Helpful and Insighful info on marble

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Info on Marble

Great post, thanks so much! Beautiful kitchen. I've just bookmarked your blog.

Your timing in posting was perfect for me because I've just been really noticing the extent of the etching on my honed Carrara and had just decided I'm fine with it. My kitchen is a living thing, full of activity, food, wine, family, friends, neighborhood kids and animals. The etching really only jumps out when I'm really looking for it. Everyone who walks into our kitchen is taken by it. It seems to have this amazing quality that makes folks very nostalgic for their grandmother's kitchen or a countertop they saw in Europe! That's exactly what I love about it.

We are very happy with our marble. It is NOT for the faint of heart though! But if you can live and let live, it is an amazing countertop material!

Thanks so much!

o

Excellent blog! That is great personal experience with marble & great description for anyone thinking about using it. I love the patina aged marble & am thinking about putting in my own kitchen. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing the link.

o

Excellent post! I got the "raised eyebrow" look from the fabricator when I said I was putting carerra marble in my busy kitchen. I decided that it was my choice last year when I was eating at the bar in my favorite bistro and I looked down at the marble surface that was etched, stained, and even dinged and chipped...and I thought it was the most beautiful surface I had ever seen. I think it just gets better with age.

o

Oh gosh, I just LOVE that blog and have been following it for a while. She has such lovely taste. I found her blog after I had already decided on marble (it was never really up for discussion). I also have an old old old farmhouse and to me, it just seemed like a no brainer. For The Love of a House made me completely confident in my decision.

o

I'm so glad the post helped. It's just so insightful!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here