Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amish Cabinets in S.E. Wisconsin

Posted by quiltgirl (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 5:12

Someone on here was looking for Amish Cabinet makers in SE Wisconsin and now I cannot find that thread to see who it was that was inquiring. I came across a couple of different Mennonite cabinet makers around the Brodhead/Monroe area. I am hoping the person that was looking will see this thread!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amish Cabinets in S.E. Wisconsin

There are some Amish out of Albany. Detweiler is their name, they have a website. Can't attest to their quality...they were at the Madison remodeling show last year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Detweiler Furniture

o

I know that there were one or two near Pardeeville (which is not far from Portage).

o

Yes, we went to Detweiler's on Atkinson Road in Albany. They have a display there and their cabinets are very nice. They are actually made in Napanee Indiana and delivered here.

There is also another cabinet maker by the name of Horst, on route 231. I think it is 231 anyway. Will have to check that out with DH. His cabinets are made on site. He originally is from Pennsylvania and has been in the cabinet business for many years.

I have no idea on pricing though. Our laundry room cabinets were made in southern Illinois and were quite reasonable.

o

I used Miller Cabinet Company in Markesan, WI. They do not have a website or even a phone. They did a fabulous job on my cabinets. I would highly recommend them. Pricing was considerably less than big box and semi custom prices with superior quality. For those that have not already seen my previous posts here is picture of the cabinets they made for me.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Jaymielo has cabs from Amish in WI. I think it was south, but I don't think it was the SE corner.

o

Badgergal...your cabs are fabulous!

o

My daughter lives in Madison and has had a few things made for their house by Martha Downs-www.downsworks.com. She makes beautiful things. Not Amish though (as far as I know).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here