Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stayghost_gw

Need paint suggestion for maple cab / verde butterfly granite

stayghost
11 years ago

Hi all,

We bought our first home a few years ago (1940's cape) and are about to have a kitchen gut and remodel done starting next week. We are super nervous! My wife is the designer between us ... she picked out some great materials. However, we are stuck and having a hard time picking out a paint color. Any and all suggestions would be MUCH appreciated! (we're clueless on the backsplash too but one step at a time I guess!)

Here are some specs:

- small cape kitchen (W:10" x L:13")

- L configuration

- stainless w/ black accent appliances

- verde butterfly granite

- Jordan Maple cabs w/ cocoa glaze

- rustic black pulls

- sandy stone color ceramic tile with grey veining

- door trim / window trim / baseboard trim is currently white

Here's pictures of the material types we are putting in:

Comments (7)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Love the cabinet colors!

Hard to tell from the screen, but I see 2 easy choices for the paint color that come out of your granite. One is to pick up on the grayed down bluish green...kind of like BM province blue
    {{!gwi}}

or pick up on those warmer golden beige tones like BM yosemite sand
    {{!gwi}}

Of course you'd have to check for exactly the right shades in real life....hard to see on the screen.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Your choices so far look awesome together. Do you have to paint first? Annie has suggested two good colors, but I'd be inclined to wait until everything else is in before deciding on a cool or warm shade.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

I have verde peacock granite which is very similar to verde butterfly. For my kitchen I chose to compliment the gold flecks in the granite so I used BM Hillcrest Tan in my kitchen. It is a fairly dark tan so not sure if it would look right with your cabinets. My cabinets are natural cherry. Here is a close up (taken with under cabinet light on)of the granite that also shows a little bit of the paint color. It is very hard to capture the true color of hillcrest tan and even the granite in photos but this gives you an idea.
    {{!gwi}}
    Here is how it looks overall. (I have changed out the white switch outlet covers since this photo was taken)
    {{!gwi}}
    I love the blue green shade in the granite and would have used one of those colors on the wall except for the fact that my dinette table has a blue green Corian top and I didn't want it to match the walls.
    Here are a couple of BM colors that might pick up on the blue/green in your granite:
    Sage Tint
    {{!gwi}}

Turquoise Mist
    {{!gwi}}
    You could even go a little darker with these types of color depending. On your preferences. I think either dark golds or medium to dark blue greens would look very nice with your white woodwork.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

In our former house we had Verde Peacock granite that is similar to the Verde Butterfly. We tried paint in the green color wheel and it was awful. We stayed with more neutral tones and let the stone and cabs be the focal points.

• denali2007
    11 years ago

I also have peacock green and maple cabinets. We have a Ben Moore Affinity color called Spendor.
    I had it in my previous kitchen which was a medium oak and did not like it. I had planned to paint the kitchen when we did the reno,but it looked great with the new cabinets and granite. So, we did the same color. I get lots of compliments on it.

• User
    11 years ago

I have a very similar granite in my bathroom with cherry cabinets. I strongly considered yosemite sand,(Actually used that in my hall bath and its lovely)--- but in my bath with the similar granite, I used Putnam Ivory which is a true true tan. I love it.