Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tubalubs

Stainless steel sink or silgranite metallic grey

tubalubs
9 years ago

We are redoing our kitchen: white cabinets, medium brown wood floors, white quartz countertop, butcher block island and stainless appliances.

My question is about the sink. I love the idea of undermounted silgranite sink with off set drain like:

http://www.plumbing-deals.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=13894&gclid=CjwKEAjwk_OhBRD06abu3qSoxlwSJACt7sZ7qUyaBDrdU_5-l4HrQIbfa6LShONNugqtTxzKO3cINBoCopTw_wcB

I'm wondering if this color will look ok with our design or if I should go with stainless to complement the appliances.

Or should I go with white silgranite sink?

Thanks.

Comments (4)

• Lisa
    9 years ago

The metallic gray silgranite sink will look great! You can always call Blanco and they will send you samples of their colors so you can see them in person. I don't think you need to match the sink to your appliances. If you're worried about matching you can always use brushed nickel faucet and hardware.

• tubalubs
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! We have a brushed nickel faucet on its way...will that go well with the metallic grey? I need to find a dealer or get a sample so I can see it in person.

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    9 years ago

One thing that is so nice about Silgranit is that it comes in a number of colors. I would not choose the stainless steel sink because, me, I do not like the scratches and water spots of stainless steel sinks. Regarding Silgranit, I agree with the previous poster that you should call Blanco and get them to mail you samples of colors you are interested in (phone them, don't email. The number is 1-888-668-6201). It's always best to look at the colors actually in your kitchen, rather than just at a showroom or online.

I had the Silgranit Super Single with the corner drain in my previous kitchen and loved it. The corner drain is so great, that I can't go back to a center drain. I think the Silgranit Gray would look nice with your color scheme. I don't think Silgranit's White or the creamy Biscuit would go well with your white counters, because sometimes white-on-white just makes one of the whites look dingy. I also think you should get a sample of Truffle to look at. You might like it - it's a cross between gray and brown, so the brown tone would pick up your butcher block counter and your wood floors, but the sink would still have a gray tone as well. My final color rec is because I am partial to the very dark colored Silgranits (I am getting the anthracite for my kitchen). So I would recommend you look at the Cafe Brown. I've had the anthracite color in a previous kitchen, and loved that it never looked dirty! I like the dark colors because I think the color contrast with light counters is cool and chic, the dark color made my faucet really shine against it, and because the dark color hides everything - wine, coffee, spaghetti sauce, etc. The Cafe Brown is a dark brown, and would go with your wood floors and butcher block island.

There is a "color assistant" on Blanco's website that I will link, that might be fun for you to play with. But the best is to see the sample color chips in your home.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Silgranit Color Assistant

This post was edited by Mrs_Nyefnyef on Tue, Oct 14, 14 at 9:39

• brightm
    9 years ago

I have that sink in Cinder. Love it. I wouldn't worry about stainless to match appliances. Get a couple samples or go see them. Honestly, for as much agonizing I did over the color of the sink, you only see it when you're standing at the sink, really. There are only a couple of their colors that I'd think wouldn't look good with what you described. I think it's hard to go wrong with that sink.

I know schicksal has that sink in what I THINK is white quartz (or A white quartz...I'm quartz illiterate). I tried to find a pic, but was unsuccessful.

Here's mine (work in progress):