Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the name of this granite?

Posted by diy_gal (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 1:41

Just purchased a home that has this for the countertop in the kitchen. Friends and family love it and ask for the name, but I have no idea! I'm also curious as well. Can anybody identify it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the name of this granite?

Nice color, because it looks good with a lot of wall colors.

Looks like "Silver Sea" or "Silver Sea Green" granite. Despite the name, it's barely green, just has a faint undertone of it.

Might also be "Cordoba Gray" or "Newport" or ????

Names are so variable, and so is the stone.

Here is a link that might be useful: swatches here

o

It looks a lot like Santa Cecilia to me. If you google that name you'll see several images of it. Hope that helps!

o

Santa Cecilia was one of our top choices so I looked at the sample for days, lol.

o

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I think it is Santa Ceceilia. The google images look just like it!

o

Oh look! A TRUE granite! From the rock point of view, that is a textbook granite. And a beautiful one at that. I like the whiteness of it.

o

> Oh look! A TRUE granite!

I was about to say the same thing. That stone reminds me of all the granite domes up at Yosemite, though the High Sierra granite may even be a tiny bit whiter.

Nice counter!

Laura

o

I'm thinking Santa Cecilia too!

o

Either Santa Cecelia or Giallo Ornamental.. both can vary a lot with greenish gray, gold and beige undertones (and be mistaken for each other).

Here is a link that might be useful: Giallo Ornamental

o

Thanks for all the replies! Santa Ceclia and Giallo Ornamental look so similar!

o

Giallo Ornamental is what we chose for our master bath vanities and it does look close to santa cecilia but maybe with more gold tones. I'll try to remember to post a pic here when it comes next week.

o

Giallo Ornamental is what we chose for our master bath vanities and it does look close to santa cecilia but maybe with more gold tones. I'll try to remember to post a pic here when it comes next week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here