Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spot/track lighting in very small kitchen

Posted by new.bee (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 0:58

I'd like to replace the boob lamp in a very small galley kitchen (5'8" x 6'9") with IKEA spot/track light. Do I need a 3-spot or 5-spot fixture? The 5-spot is 52" but can be arranged at angles, the 3-spot is straight and 28 inches long.

5-spot http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20230769/

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA 3-spot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spot/track lighting in very small kitchen

I'm not a lighting expert but I'll help bump this along. Are you using the lighting for task or for general illumination? Do you have other lighting in the kitchen (under the cabinet, etc.)?

I can't tell what wattage of bulbs go into these fixtures but is your lighting level OK with your old fixture or do you need more light in better locations?

Have you considered any other fixtures besides IKEA? There's a lot of track lighting options out there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here