Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zebra26

Apollo storm granite

zebra26
11 years ago

Our granite was installed last week. U sure would love ant suggestions on backsplash ideas.

Comments (18)

• zebra26
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is another picture.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Ooo, la la! . No suggestions for backsplash but that is one seriously beautiful hunk of rock!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Gorgeous stone!

• eam44
    11 years ago

It is a beautiful stone, and I am not partial to granite. Your bs choice has a lot to do with colors you like (do you want to keep it neutral or add a punch of color?), style you are trying to impart, other materials in the kitchen (i.e. floor tiles), the overall size of the area you want to cover with tile (is it just the 12 sf behind a range, or are you covering 100 sf of wall space?), and importantly, your budget. If you can fill in some of the details, we can all be more helpful.

From what I see in the images you posted, you like clean lines, light neutral colors, and have a contemporary country aesthetic (hence the hickory cabinets). If those guesses are correct, here are a few options that might work. All of these can be found at the Glass Tile Oasis link below.

Cream Beige Glass Mosaic tile

Beige Marble and Glass Mosaic

Unique Shape Glass Mosaic

Diamond Crackle

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass Tile

• zebra26
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much. Welobe the granite. Eam44 you nailed it about our style. We do want to stay really neutral on the backsplash. I was thinking just your basic travertine but don't really think it matches. We have dark oak floors and we want to cover up to the upper cabinets. I think I can attach another pic although our appliances are not in yet. I don't want to spend lots on this so I would really like to keep the cost down. I do like the last bs you showed. I will take a look at that site.

• eam44
    11 years ago

Well, there's good news and bad news. I'm glad I read you well,that you like the last mosaic, and that there's not a lot of wall space to cover. It is a ceramic tile mosaic with a crackle glaze. Sheets measure 11" x 10 1/2", with individual tiles measuring 1 1/4" x 2", and the tile costs $44.56 per sheet at the site I linked to.

If that's a budget buster, you have a number of options to get a similar look. Another manufacturer, Stellar Tile, has a similar mosaic (12" x 12" sheets with 1" x 2" tiles) in a lighter neutral that sells for $19.35 per sheet (link below).

An even friendlier option would be to find crackle glazed 4" x 4" tile and set it in a diamond pattern - a different look that would be a variation on the same theme.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stellar

• purplepansies
    11 years ago

Is it just me, or are the pictures all upside-down? If it's not just me, could you repost a picture or two, zebra26? Looking at them upside down is making me dizzy! :)

(And if it is just me. . . why are they upside-down?)

• zebra26
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much eam44. The pictures are not upside down on my end. Not used why they would be on your end.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Pics are upside down for me, too.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Not upside down for me. I think the diamond mosaics are great but putting 4x4 in a diamond pattern would look good too.

• biochem101
    11 years ago

The pictures are all upside down.

It's very disconcerting.

• vpierce
    11 years ago

Upside down for me, too.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Upside down for me too. Pretty granite though.

• tea4all
    11 years ago

Yep, upside down for me too. Gorgeous stone!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

South Cypress has a few that look like they would complement your stone. Search for "harlequin", that's what they call that shape on that site.

• zebra26
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am going to repost these pictures.

• zebra26
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the other one. Thanks for all the suggestions.

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

first off, beautiful granite and cabs. wish we could see the floor....

from wha i am seeing, i would pull the darkest color out of your granite and look for a b/s in that color. if you go totally neutral, you will wash out your granite and cabs. i'm feeling a dark b/s to give you some contrast and pop. it looks like you get alot of natural light, so that shouldn't be a problem

bring home lots of samples and try different things. some may surprise you.

good luck!!!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES