Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

Where should I put paper towels and other nooks?

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

So, the cabinets have been installed and I'm wondering about little details. Where should I keep the paper towels? If anything, I tend to use them for wiping up food on the floor and only occasional hand drying. The farm sink means that the cabinets below are lower than usual so I think it would be awkward to put them under the sink.

I didn't have room on the island for a nook. And I don't think there's space in the dummy drawer in front of the prep sink and certainly wouldn't want the sink move back usually far just for a paper towel holder. I will hang a dish towel on the pull on the drawer below the prep sink. I don't think I can squeeze it in below the window as I think it is framed in there but the roll might get wet in that spot anyway. Hanging it under the cabinet or would probably be tacky since I've gone to great lengths for a very streamlined clean look. Not sure what people think of those standing racks for paper towels. Putting it on the side of the window seems to throw off the symmetry

Also, near the range top, should I create any nooks for olive oil, etc.? I'm worried about oil stains on my beautiful new mostly white (Princess White) counter tops. A nook seems like a lot of work and then I'd want two for symmetry. Would it be odd if I had a folded towel there on which to put the oil when I'm cooking? I don't think a coaster would necessarily be sufficient.

Would love to know what other people do. Thank you!

Comments (8)