Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chaimberbell

What type of contractor do I use for this?

chaimberbell
10 years ago

I usually just read GW but I'm getting desperate so I finally signed up to post!

We're in the middle of a small kitchen reno and we tried going with a small general contractor to complete everything. Live and learn, next time I'll spend the extra money for a better, more skilled contractor. I pretty much paid them to leave.

Anyway, we now have a GE 42" custom insert vent hood that sounds like a small airplane when it's on LOW (crummy install, which I know after researching here), and a wood vent hood that looks like a kindergarden shop-class completed it. The whole hood needs redone. And a "missing" regulator to the cooktop, but that's another story.

I know I called the wrong people the first time, but who do I call to fix this? Most remodeling companies only do bigger jobs and apparently the economy here is booming because not many even call me back. Do I call another general contractor? A cabinet person? A handyman? Google and DIY it until it looks good? I'm decently good with google and woodworking but also willing to pay someone to do it right. Still deciding.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)