Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jillies01

Show me your island w/o sink or cooktop

jillies01
9 years ago

Could you please post pics of your islands without sinks or cooktops? More specifically, looking for pictures showing the drawer / cabinet configurations - not just the "beauty" shots. Thank you!

Comments (23)

• leela4
    9 years ago

Ours isn't very big - just 2 x 6. The far right door is non-functional due to bookcase on end.

In perspective:

• jillies01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

leela4 - is that a trash pullout on the left side?

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Picture of island - sorry its upside down but the rotate buttons were greyed out.

From left to right -

18" drawer stack (top for junk, next for paper rolls and plastic bags, bottom for misc - toaster, English muffins, coffee pods).

24" microwave drawer with deep drawer underneath (for Tupperware)

36" drawer stack - top is for silverware, knives and gadgets, middle for dishes, bottom for casseroles and small "equipment"

36" drawer stack - top is for spices and larger serving spoons, spatulas, etc., middle is for pots and pans (I also keep liquid measuring cups and strainers in this drawer, because I use them a lot and its more convenient than bending down to the bottom drawer), bottom is for bowls.
    and pyrex.

(On the back of the island, behind the two 36" drawer stacks, are two 36" regular cabinets. Mostly keep serving bowls, extra wine glasses and such in those. The only identifiable mistake I made in this kitchen was not making those cabinet a little deeper, since I can't lay placemats flat in them).

For reference purposes, across the aisle from the island, starting at the same end as above, is refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, trash, cooktop and oven, condiment pull out. We live in an apartment that was a genuine industrial building 100 years ago, so we couldn't do other than minor relocation of electric and plumbing.

• leela4
    9 years ago

Yes-trash/compost bucket is on the far left. The second door from the right is a wide pullout where I keep oils, vinegars, extra spices etc. I have dishes in the middle large drawer and storage dishes like pyrex, casseroles and tupperware in the bottom drawer.

• jillies01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you - any more out there without sinks or cooktops?

• aloha2009
    9 years ago

You may find this link informative...

Here is a link that might be useful: Large Island w/ No Stove top or Sink

• Marc Johnson
    9 years ago

From main room

From Kitchen

We have a pop-up power / USB strip on the "inside" and a grommet (for computer, video, etc.) - and an additional power outlet under the overhang facing out toward the stools. Power bricks for lighting & computer and satellite box are behind the compactor so I can get at them if I ever need to (somewhat easily).

Deep wide drawers for cutlery, "stuff", pots & pans ... and a recycling drawer (with requisite junk drawer above it) next to the compactor.

• brightm
    9 years ago

80% complete kitchen that's stalled. So working kitchen pics, not pretty staged pics. :)

Bookcase at end near 'family' entrance to house. 30"w 13"d
    (And blocked by the speed oven box, speed oven STILL not installed...will be Thursday...fingers crossed.)
    24"w 6"d (with doors) cabinet--originally planned for can storage, commandeered by DH for beer-glass storage)
    24"w 3-drawer stack--top drawer still in negotiation (currently zester, measuring spoons, small bowls used in prep, lemon juicer, etc.), 2nd drawer wok and wok stuff (opposite range),
    3rd drawer mixing bowls, pyrex measuring cups etc.

Much of that stuff I want on "my side" of the island, ie: the cleaning and prep side. That side is DH's side, ie: the cooking side. As mentioned, still negotiating and finding our groove.

19.5" overhang (corbels due this week), 24"w 6"d cabinet planned for coffee cups etc. (commandeered for more specialty glass storage), 24"w cabinet for speed oven with drawer below (drawer is currently dumping ground along with the one across the way, not going to even try organizing those until we get the rest of the shelves that are on order, and the other side of the island gets settled) DW is opposite the seating area on that side and sink just beyond (nearer camera). Fridge opposite this end of the island.

This post was edited by cal_quail on Sat, Sep 13, 14 at 15:58

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

Sorry no photo of the drawers. The the side you can't see there is a 36" base with 3 drawers. Top is utensils, middle is dishes, bottom is casseroles.

• annkathryn
    9 years ago

6 fairly shallow drawers which hold plates & bowls, dish towels, serving dishes, salad bowls and serving trays.

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

Island is just shy of 9'x5'. Drawers on working side, doors on sitting side with 12" deep cabinets. Loving these for storing pieces I don't use everyday. And of course I love all my drawers!

• Debbi Branka
    9 years ago

This side is the "working side." It's 6' long, 3' wide. It has a 12" cab on the left that I store cookie sheets, platters, pizza peels, cooling racks - standing up. Then a 27" warming drawer (top drawer) and the roll out shelves underneath (I didn't know about asking for all drawers here. These middle ones are 30" (27" warming drawer goes in 30" drawer space I think). Then the the right is a 4 drawer bank. Underneath the table part (about 5'x5'), on this side, are 12" deep 2 door cabinets. I am able to store the food processor, toaster, blender, food sealer machine, etc. in this space. These are items I use, but not frequently, so I like that they are put away, but I can get to them pretty easily (just move a chair and open cabinet door). On the opposite side, under the table, are 24" deep double door cabinet, which stores a LOT of stuff - all my holiday place settings, punch bowls, decorative stands, paper plates, extra kitchen aid mixer bowls and attachments, and more. On the island part, 12" deep are 2 drawers with glass fronts (top drawer is candy, bottom is onions), then 2 shelves which I store all my cook books and cooking magazines on, then 2 more glass front drawers (top is nuts and bottom is potatoes). Hope this helps.

• Debbi Branka
    9 years ago

Here's the "non-working" side, although sometimes I work from this side too. The description is in the post above. This was when it was brand new and I didn't have the shelf installed yet (where the mixers are). Now there is a shelf and all the cookbooks. I love having easy access to them and that I can see them all.

• Debbi Branka
    9 years ago

Finally, here's the whole thing. Sorry I don't know how to post multiple pictures in one post.

• Michelle
    9 years ago

Lcskaisgir, would you mind sharing the brand/name of the stain color on your island? It is stunning! Thank you.

• jillies01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

These are all great! deb52899 - love the glass drawers! I would never have enough of any one produce/bulk item to fill them but they sure do look nice!

• spacewood
    9 years ago

We are the Kitchen Manufacturer in India. We have wide varieties of Kitchen Island covering almost every modules. Each module will fit according to your rooms dimensions. Here I am presenting You the Sample Module of Our Kitchen Island.

Here is a link that might be useful: Modular Kitchen Chennai

This post was edited by spacewood on Mon, Sep 15, 14 at 5:14

• threegraces
    9 years ago

Our is about 7'x3'. From left to right we have a 3 drawer stack, the undercab micro and 2 shallow drawers, another 3 drawer stack and then pull out trash/recycling with a small junk drawer above. I have no regrets on not getting a microwave drawer; the undercab works great and was so much cheapers. With the trouble we've had with our new dishwasher, I'm glad we didn't spend a bunch on another appliance.

• Lisa
    9 years ago

Michelle1973, thank you! The cabinetry is Shiloh maple in their Silas stain w/black glaze.

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

I would share a pic, but mine is simply a 48" base cab, 24" drawer over door on each side and the whole thing topped with a 3x4 quartz slab for a couple of stools.

I reused it in my facelift but never would have chosen the configuration. I am, however, going to convert half of it to a garbage/recycling pullout.

• suzanne_sl
    9 years ago

This is a peninsula, but if you looking at drawer configuration, it's pretty much the same thing. Very simple.

From the other side

• Michelle
    9 years ago

Lcskaisgir, yay! I was hoping you were going to say that! I've been planning on that exact stain for our island but was feeling nervous until I saw your pic....gorgeous!! Can I ask what your countertops are? I'm planning on white perimeters as well. Thank you!