Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheesharee

Backsplash range question.

Sheeisback_GW
9 years ago

Working on some changes...Tore the existing counter splash off the wall and having bb paneling added (hopefully it will finally happen this weekend) and I was planning to use this trim piece long the bottom.
Trim shot - 5/8" thick.
{{!gwi}}
Another angle.
{{!gwi}}

We're purchasing the GE Cafe series appliances. This is the range and how it will look against the wall. (Sorry if overkill - I'm visual!) The trim piece is 5/8" thick. I was originally planning to run it straight behind the range, but the thickness isn't going to allow it to be flush against the wall.
{{!gwi}}

What to do?

The only flat trim I saw was thin and wood. I'd like to use pvc because of water. (above two are pvc.) My other, smaller pvc option would stick out too.

Should I run the bb across and stop the trim at each side of the range? Kind of like this? - with bb on the whole thing.
{{!gwi}}

This person used tin behind the range. I like this, but I already tore off the splash and I'm not putting it back.
Won't have the new appliances for a few months, but we're getting the OTR Cafe microwave. The old microwave is down (doesn't work anymore - long story) and we were going to have the bb ran to the upper cabinets so there was no detail issues later.
Cooperbailey
{{!gwi}}

For the edges of the splash, I was planning to use -1/4" dowel rod. I'm not using trim along the top part of the splash.

Kitchen shot if it's helpful.
Some other main changes:
-staining cabinets GF Brown Mahogany
-can light has been added over sink
-wooden valance will go
-new cabinet crown
-new paint (BM Shaker Beige)
-fabrics
- etc., etc.
{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)