Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash Ideas? Please?!

Posted by MeMcG (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 23:41

We have installed medium tone cherry cabinets, will install slate-look ceramic tile floors and kashmir white granite counters. Would love slate back splash but looking for feedback on that or alternatives if that is too dark or "busy". Appliances are stainless. I'd love your feedback! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash Ideas? Please?!

An image would be helpful.

Kashmir white is a speckle-y stone, but it doesn't have a lot of colors in it. It is often paired with a marble bs tile, if for no other reason, most people pick this stone as an alternative to the marble they love the look of, but worry about maintaining (which is a little silly since this stone stains and etches too, but whatever...). Here's an image from photobucket that probably belongs to a GWer.

Your cabinets are made of a relatively dark wood, your floors are dark, I think it might be a bit much to go for a dark bs too, but whatever you decide, I hope you find something you love.

o

Thank you for responding EAM44. I understand but the kashmir white was already straying from my original plan (needed to lighten up). To not have the slate is another concession. I wish I could start the process again but am committed to at least the cabinets & counters. Thanks again for responding, I wish I would get more feedback.

o

Light to medium gray subway tiles?

o

Well then go with your heart. If you want slate, choose slate. It does come in many colors, by the way. When it comes to slate look ceramic vs. slate, the former is easier to clean and maintain.

Think mosaic instead of 4" x 4" tile. It will look more modern. Here are examples of slate mosaics you might want to consider. Again, all are slate, brown, grey, green, cream, and black.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slate Mosaics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here