Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mombasa granite..Does anyone have this?....Tile help needed

Posted by Jakzof3 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 11 at 23:41

Kitchen is almost complete but now to figure out what color tile would work best with Mombasa granite. If anyone has used Mombasa in their home I would greatly appreciate any input you could give me. Mombasa is beautiful and has a great deal of movement. Ours is basically the creams, greys,blacks and some browns and some golden colors....really striking. The cabinets are soft cream with a cocoa glaze..island is a warm brown glazed maple. Finding tile is gonna be a tough one. Thanks in advance...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mombasa granite..Does anyone have this?....Tile help needed

I think if you are able to upload pics of your kitchen or even your granite, it would help us to visualize what would look great in your kitchen.

o

A popular look is to go with a cream tile. Maybe do an accent tile in one of the darker colors from the granite.

o

Thank you ..We are thinking about a very simple tile and something more neutral or like ellendi stated...pick one color for an accent. We have to watch not to get too busy because the granite has much movement and our floor is a travertine look. We've seen some W. Zanger granite that we really like....gotta go to the tile store and get some ideas...
Gotta post pics....

o

Is there any chance you could post photos of the granite against your cream cabinets? I also have cream cabinets and may get mombasa. Mostly I'm wondering how much yellow shows up because I'd like to minimize that color. Thanks.

if you'd rather email I have the same ID on hotmail.com.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here