Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

Help with which cabinets get the under cabinet Tech Unilume light

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

Hi! We decided to go with the Tech Unilume 3000 under cabinet lights. Any feedback on those beyond what was in the ULC LED continuation thread? We will have Superwhite cabinets and still haven't picked out the countertops. I've attached a copy of our layout (sorry it is so light). We will have a dozen or so recessed lights and likely 3 pendants lights so I am wondering if we even need UCL.

If it is just for task lighting (vs. mood lighting), do I just need it in the inner L shaped portion to the right of the rangetop and to the left of the sink? I don't really see us using the left of the range top for much and DH was saying maybe we skip the cabinet on the end toward to the eat in kitchen. We were planning to do most prep/clean up either on the island (which will be black granite and low maintenance) or in the section that is the L-shaped corner

Does the corner one get one light bar that is angled vs buying two to form an L? Keep in mind we also want to put a fold down TV in that corner on the wall which has the sink

Is it more typical to put it everywhere? I was thinking of one switch for the L shape, under the cabinet. And, one light under the section between the fridge and the ovens. That one would have its own light and switch.

I"m talking with the electrician tomorrow

THANK YOU!