Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
callie8799

? rehanging cabinets

callie8799
11 years ago

Has anyone had to rehang their upper cabinets Did it "ruin" the cabinets or make it harder?

4 yrs ago, we redid our kitchen and the cabinets, with the help of 1 piece of molding, should have went to the ceiling-giving me sufficient space from counter to bottom of an upper cabinet. Well, our GF, tried it and thought that the top 2 cabinet shelves would be too high and I would quickly get tired of stretching or climbing on stuff so he took it on himself to lower the cabinets. He also thought the over the range microwave would be too high creating a potential hazard. I was disappointed but I totally saw his point so I let them be. Well, I want them raised to where they should be (I now have cats who like to get on top of the cabinets, in the void between ceiling and cabinets- but they claw the doors to get up there (after jumping on top of frig)

my dh says we could damage the cabinets (I'm thinking screw holes) but I think he doesn't want to go thru the trouble nor cost. There really isn't a major problem with their height- except the clawing of the door as the kitties try to get into the void and the hazard of them falling when all 4 try to get there together.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner