Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Off topic - move it if needed - iOS 7

Posted by foodonastump (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 22, 13 at 23:17

The other day I followed the prompt on my iPhone to "upgrade" to 7.0. Unfortunately I accepted, without first reading numerous online warnings not to do so yet. My main complaints are with Safari, specific to GW is that many pictures no longer load without refreshing the page multiple times. Even that doesn't always work. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? Probably something GW needs to work through but either way, this is a PSA to advise against upgrading without doing research. It's virtually impossible to turn back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Off topic - move it if needed - iOS 7

I upgraded my iPad to iOS 7 and I am not having any problems. In fact, I think things are loading more quickly than before. Maybe you should try reloading your iOS 7 or go to the support forums on Apple to see if anyone has a solution.

o

iOS 7 is a nightmare. Wish I could go back too. :(

o

FOAS-I'm not sure that I like the new OS, but GW photos are loading fine on my iPhone.

o

I updated my mini. I don't see it as an improvement at all. It feels like change for change sake -- something to make the stockholders happy. No common sense applied.

I spent two hours with the online cheat sheets undoing "improvements." It's harder to read. I hate the ugly blue background and it forced me to take a photo of my table and use that temporarily because they deleted the other choices. Some of the icons are weird looking. It's slow and not all the apps are fully compatible.

I'm waiting to update the other device until I'm forced to because that's the one I use every day. Perhaps there is something this new OS does better than the old one. I just haven't found it.

o

After doing the Snow Leopard upgrade on my Mac, I learned never to accept another Apple upgrade, not even on my phone. I am still running software 2 generations old on an antique iPhone. When they tried to take my Google maps, I just stopped updating. My phone battery is dying, tho, and I will soon be faced with a hard decision.

In general, it seems to me upgrades benefit the company more than the client. Most of my technological heartbreak has come from software updates, and not just Apple.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here