Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have to make a Decision...Now

Posted by calyle7 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 23:10

I had already decided on my sink it was to be a 60/40...but granite fabricator will be here early in the morning to take the template...and he told me if I was getting a 60/40 he may not be able to make a small seam thru the sink portion but would have to make a larger seam next to the snack bar...Which I do not want!
So I need to decide if I want a 50/50 or a large single sink....Would love to have a big Beautiful Farm Sink...but with the upgrade on the granite...that was eliminated...
So please Help....Which do you like the Best?
1.) Double 50/50
2.) Large Single Sink
Thanks everyone for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have to make a Decision...Now

option 2

o

Large single. Without a doubt. I used to have a double, and while I liked having a spot to dry dishes, I hated not being able to lay a cookie sheet down in my sink. I have a 33" farm now and feel like I could bathe small farm animals in it, if necessary, lol. Love my large single.

o

Option 2. I have a 30/70 now and it's a waste of time. I want a place for cookie sheets, large pots etc.

o

large single for sure. we replaced our 60/40 to a single and i love it!

o

Single bowl sink. Definitely.

o

I think the single rules on GW, but I really like my double and am planning to do another....but a low divide this time.

o

I think the single rules on GW, but I really like my double and am planning to do another....but a low divide this time.

o

SIngle for sure. Easy to subdivide when you want two sinks with a large pot or dishpan but the luxury of laying things flat can't be replicated in a divided sink.

o

I have a double sink and I love it. I am not sure I think it is 60/40. I find very few things that are so large that it is inconvenient and mostly I love having one side for washing and the other to dry.
My parting piece of wisdom is-- don't worry ; either will work fine and you will not regret it. ( I am trying to learn that myself . I do believe it's true when there are 2 or more very good options).

o

Not sure what the percentage breakdown is on mine but I like having two. I like to keep anything that's touched raw poultry or meat separate from everything else when I toss it in the sink or to be able to prep in a non-contaminated sink. That said, I do understand the common preference for one large.

o

Large Single. I had it in my old kitchen and desperately want one in my new (soon to be redone) kitchen. I currently have the 60/40 and find that I am constantly banging things against the divider.

o

I recently installed a 60/40, replacing my old double. The garbage disposal is on the 40 side, so DH can pile cooking dishes in the large side, and still use the disposal. We've only had it for a couple of weeks, but so far I love it.

o

Thanks Everyone for your Help!! Greatly Appreciated!
I really wanted or thought I wanted the 60/40..but granite fabricator recommended I didn't because of the small space I have and no place on the narrow edge for any of the three holes I will need....So after reading all the comments I decided to try something I haven't had for years....
The single sink....It is Deep and Large...Anxious to get it installed...and to get the sink hooked back up after a long time of not having it....Hopefully Fri or Monday. Will know tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here