Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kylady7

Have to make a Decision...Now

kylady7
10 years ago

I had already decided on my sink it was to be a 60/40...but granite fabricator will be here early in the morning to take the template...and he told me if I was getting a 60/40 he may not be able to make a small seam thru the sink portion but would have to make a larger seam next to the snack bar...Which I do not want!
So I need to decide if I want a 50/50 or a large single sink....Would love to have a big Beautiful Farm Sink...but with the upgrade on the granite...that was eliminated...
So please Help....Which do you like the Best?
1.) Double 50/50
2.) Large Single Sink
Thanks everyone for your help

Comments (13)

• herbflavor
    10 years ago

option 2

• KBH
    10 years ago

Large single. Without a doubt. I used to have a double, and while I liked having a spot to dry dishes, I hated not being able to lay a cookie sheet down in my sink. I have a 33" farm now and feel like I could bathe small farm animals in it, if necessary, lol. Love my large single.

• compumom
    10 years ago

Option 2. I have a 30/70 now and it's a waste of time. I want a place for cookie sheets, large pots etc.

• ginagordon_gw
    10 years ago

large single for sure. we replaced our 60/40 to a single and i love it!

• friedajune
    10 years ago

Single bowl sink. Definitely.

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

I think the single rules on GW, but I really like my double and am planning to do another....but a low divide this time.

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

I think the single rules on GW, but I really like my double and am planning to do another....but a low divide this time.

• lucas_tx_gw
    10 years ago

SIngle for sure. Easy to subdivide when you want two sinks with a large pot or dishpan but the luxury of laying things flat can't be replicated in a divided sink.

• User
    10 years ago

I have a double sink and I love it. I am not sure I think it is 60/40. I find very few things that are so large that it is inconvenient and mostly I love having one side for washing and the other to dry.
    My parting piece of wisdom is-- don't worry ; either will work fine and you will not regret it. ( I am trying to learn that myself . I do believe it's true when there are 2 or more very good options).

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

Not sure what the percentage breakdown is on mine but I like having two. I like to keep anything that's touched raw poultry or meat separate from everything else when I toss it in the sink or to be able to prep in a non-contaminated sink. That said, I do understand the common preference for one large.

• gsleader
    10 years ago

Large Single. I had it in my old kitchen and desperately want one in my new (soon to be redone) kitchen. I currently have the 60/40 and find that I am constantly banging things against the divider.

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

I recently installed a 60/40, replacing my old double. The garbage disposal is on the 40 side, so DH can pile cooking dishes in the large side, and still use the disposal. We've only had it for a couple of weeks, but so far I love it.

• kylady7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Everyone for your Help!! Greatly Appreciated!
    I really wanted or thought I wanted the 60/40..but granite fabricator recommended I didn't because of the small space I have and no place on the narrow edge for any of the three holes I will need....So after reading all the comments I decided to try something I haven't had for years....
    The single sink....It is Deep and Large...Anxious to get it installed...and to get the sink hooked back up after a long time of not having it....Hopefully Fri or Monday. Will know tomorrow.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!