Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skoochabelle_gw

Quartz or granite suggestions with white cabinets

Skoochabelle
9 years ago

Hi, everyone. I'm struggling to figure out what to do about my countertops. The overall look I'm going for in my small 1940s house is a white "cottage" kitchen: simple white cabinets, chrome cup and button pulls, Kohler "Vinnata" faucet in chrome, a glass-front cabinet with grids, grids on the window, a French door, slate/stone-looking floors (actually ceramic) in a mix of browns and grays, white or gray or maybe marble subway tile backsplash. I originally wanted to do marble countertops, but I've decided against it for maintenance reasons. After much searching, I decided on Kashmir White granite. And then I went to pick out the slab and discovered I'd either have to live with a big black swirl on a large, prominent section of countertop, or a few solid black blobs (about 2 inches each) at the front of the counter next to the sink. I'm going to try a few other granite places to see if there's a better slab out there, but also thinking maybe I should have some quartz backup options, or some other white/gray granites to keep an eye out for. Help -- with photos if possible. Thank you!!!!

Comments (9)