Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnaverde is one wise soul!

Posted by sparklebread (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 23:09

I feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders and I need to thank my fellow GWers for that. I so love the current trend of white kitchens with white marble or grey quartzite counters, and I wanted that for our home. That is literally all I see in magazines and on the web. Reality is that marble is simply impractical for us and white and grey just do not work with the rest of my house. It took a few recent threads for me to get the message that I need to work with the home I have or all this effort would be for nothing.

SO, I went back to the stone yard today, with a decorator and an open mind and heart, and together we found the perfect stone for my home! Yahoo! It marries the stained woodwork I have in part of the house with the painted woodwork and cabinets I will have in the kitchen. Seems like Super White was the star of the show last year and white quartzites continue to rule on this forum, but in my neck of the woods this dark granite will look stunning with my alabaster cabinets!

Now I understand the caption under the Decorating Forum, Decorate for the life you really have, not the life you wish you had. - Magnaverde Rule No. 16.

I will sleep well tonight and I wish the same for everyone else struggling with renovation selections.

This post was edited by sparklebread on Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 7:42

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnaverde is one wise soul!

That stone is gorgeous. I can imagine it in a kitchen making nice warm counters.

o

Gorgeous stone, and it will help make for a gorgeous kitchen, and home!

o

That is beautiful! And you sound so happy :-)

o

Absolutely gorgeous.

o

Fabulous! Please post pictures after install? That really looks amazing. And it looks like you being there for templating (and taking pictures!) will be very important with that stone.

o

Your stone is beautiful!! That is good advice. I need to rule out marble as I have two boys (10 & 13) and a messy husband and I'm sure it would end up looking terrible. Onward...

o

Thank you all! I was feeling so defeated and feeling a bit of reno fatiguge. Having this in place makes such a differrence, I feel like I can enjoy this process again. I would certainly recommend to anyone to get professional guidance if you feel like you are hitting a wall. Sometimes a different set of eye is all you need!

o

I am usually all about gray, but that is one sexy stone. I think you've done a wonderful job picking a beautiful stone and I'm so happy you found one that you love that will work with the home you have. Congratulations!

o

Beautiful! What is the name of the granite?

o

Very pretty...glad youre content :)

o

It's a beautiful stone. Good for you for realizing that you should work with what you have. I have seen some crazy mixes at open houses where the outside is distinctly California Hacienda style and then you walk inside and find the interior totally in conflict, decked out in all Asian-inspired furniture and decorations. I think you are going to love that counter material--it's got awesome movement and coloring! Whew, now you can move ahead with all the other billion decisions for the kitchen!

o

Good post and good advice. And I love that stone!

o

I'm really glad you're happy and excited about your new counters, Sparklebread. It's a gorgeous stone that will look fantastic with your cabinets. Choosing a finish to fit the picture it's going into is extremely wise. Good for you.

o

I'm really glad you're happy and excited about your new counters, Sparklebread. It's a gorgeous stone that will look fantastic with your cabinets. Choosing a finish to fit the picture it's going into is extremely wise. Good for you.

o

Beautiful. I love happy endings!!! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here