Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question on Full Height Granite backsplash

Posted by Crystal6145 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 23:01

Well the new cherry cabinets are in (nutmeg with chocolate glaze) - traditional style with crown moulding full overlay (on the fancy furniture look side). The floor is a 20 inch ceramic cloudy mixture of beiges/creams leaning toward the gold side. The countertop is going to be New Venetian Gold granite with ogee edge. I am considering doing the full backsplash also out of this granite (about 20 inches high). Do you think the venetian gold granite would look too busy or would it look less busy since it matches the countertop? I have seen all granite looks that I like, but more of a flowing granite than the speckled pattern of venetian gold. Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question on Full Height Granite backsplash

I wouldn't worry about it being too busy since it is just a continuation of your counter. It really is just a matter of personal preference. A full height granite BS is certainly going to be easy to maintain and much easier than tile. My granite is very busy and one of the first things I thought after the counters went in was how gorgeous it would look if I used it at the BS too. Ended up using tile but, again, personal preference.

I found several photos on houzz that might help you decide. I think the first one has Venetian Gold.

o

Thanks for the pictures - they were really helpful - the first pic has all the same colors of my cabinets, granite and appliances with the exception of the wood floor so I am thinking that my lighter floor will lighten things up and coordinate with the granite nicely. Still like some of the other granite types as backsplashes better, but the venetian gold coordinates very well with my flooring and has the cherry colored drops in it to match the cabinets. The fabricator is willing to ogee all the exposed edges and soften the ends with a flowing curve rather than a heavy straight 90 degree edge.

o

we did a full granite backsplash and love it.
my preference is doing a more flowing granite than speckly one. i think its easier on the eyes.
but as poohpup said, its a personal choice.

if you email me, i can send u a pic. i have trouble uploading photos on here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here