Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tip out sponge tray problem: not flush w/cabinet

Posted by hollyhocks (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 22:58

my top of my tip out will not sit flush against the cabinet frame (bottom sits flush). I had it installed by a professional carpenter. 3 other carpenters and my contractor looked at it and can't figure out why the top won't sit flush. they thought it was because the plastic tray was too deep and was hitting the under-mount sink so we bought a slimmer model. same problem (tray wasn't touching the sink after all). anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? everyone is scratching their heads

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tip out sponge tray problem: not flush w/cabinet

post photos?

o

Are your cabinet doors inset?

o

That happened to me. It is fixed. But i'm scratching my head trying to remember what the trouble was. It was simple. I'll have to take a look at it.
Our tray pops out for washing. (snaps into grooves on screws)
Does yours sit flush with the tray removed?

o

Many tilt outs are incompatible with today's larger sinks. Even the "shallow" ones won't fit if you have a deep front to back sink. Expecially something offset like this where the one bowl takes up all of the space in the cabinet

o

thanks for all the replies. attached are the photos. it is an overlay cabinet door. when the plastic tray is removed, the door still has a gap at the top. the plastic tray is really slim and doesn't touch the sink. He had the springs removed at one time, I think they are put back in the correct holes(?). not sure if the carpenter used the hinge template(?). the hinge sits flush with the bottom of the door. maybe the hing is in the incorrect position?

o

I would just call the original installer and have him fix it.

o

If it closes when the tray is removed, then it must be the hinges. Losen the hinge screws a bit and then try closing it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here