Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Renting apt with horrible kitchen!

Posted by dingodemayo (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 22:52

Hello,

New here and would love help...I moved into an apartment and am going through a break up, I want to redo the apartment as much as I can within my lease for a nice change. The kitchen is horrible, see pic. Was wondering if anyone had ideas for a better wall color and or any ideas for improvements! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Renting apt with horrible kitchen!

I doubt that the lease will give any leeway to making any changes to the kitchen; even painting the walls are probably forbidden in the lease.

If you want to do anything, you'll probably need to talk to the landlord first to get permission before you can do anything.

o

Definitely talk to the landlord before you do anything. Some would be OK with painting, others would hit you with a big damage charge.

Part of the problem is the clutter ... can you bring in a storage piece for under the window to replace that table? Something with drawers or shelves and a work surface.

o

You're so lucky to have an apartment kitchen with a sunny window! Definitely a place to grow some herbs or enjoy your morning coffee.

Suggest to the landlord that you'll gladly provide paint and labor if he could do something about the ceiling.

It's so uplifting to you right now, to see pictures of those you love. Do you have a large frame you can make them more comfortable in, than on the refrigerator door?

I hope the extension cord lurking in the doorway is there for move-in work only, and that it isn't going to try to trip you some morning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here