Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mid-Way on Subzero and Remainder of Kitchen Remodel

Posted by KevinMP (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 22:49

Here's the midway, after one day. Granite was screwed up and has to be re-cut in part because of the out of plumb ancient walls and a poor assumption by the original templater. It looks amazing, and I cannot believe the difference. The room feels taller, more spacious, and it's, of course, more finished off looking. I'll post the remainder and befores and afters once the granite is in and the caulking and painting is done (Friday or the weekend, hopefully). (So far, it's the Subzero, re-done and raised cabinet above the fridge, raised crown elsewhere and lightrail, and chair, etc. moulding to finish everything off.)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here's a before or two (not really a before, but a before this finishing project and in between the original and now):

This post was edited by KevinMP on Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 7:05

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mid-Way on Subzero and Remainder of Kitchen Remodel

Wow! Looks really great, glad you went with it!

o

Such a huge improvement. You can actually work at your range now, and it looks great.

o

Looks great!!! Is that the 700TCI (27" subzero)? I have that model, too; had it installed last week. Love how it's so sleek. Congrats!

o

Yes, that's the 700TCI with Subzero's stainless steel panels with tubular handles. Thanks!

o

It's amazing the change just putting the 700TCI in that corner, it looks so much better, more finished, sleeker.

In a few weeks, I'm also putting a 700TCI in a corner, and I notice you have a nice small spacer next to the wall on the hinge side. How thin were you able to keep that spacer?

o

It's basically a 3/4" end panel and some shims because the walls in this house aren't at all plumb. Then the shimmed part is covered with a piece of scribe so it's basically 1".

o

Beautiful!

o

Wow! I can't believe what a difference a change in refrigerator makes! You're absolutely right that it makes the room look larger and much more polished. Amazing. I've always loved what you've done with your kitchen (and the rest of the house really), so it's exciting to see the kitchen improve even more.

Will you run the same tile all the way down to the new counter or will you have a granite 4" backsplash strip again? Your kitchen is one of the few where I've felt like the 4" granite actually looked great.

o

Love it!!

o

Outstanding job

o

Thanks. I'll be continuing the tile down to the granite. It's less clutered and disruptive. I never wanted the 4" granite backsplash I had (it was picked by the previous owners), so I'm looking forward to it.

o

Just want to say thanks for the details about the end panel and scribe piece. I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question about it. Thanks!

o

Ditto on your new Subzero & I love the new crown too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here