Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint Color Goes w/ Colonial Cream Granite

Posted by tashamh2 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 22:36

Hi GW Community!

Five months in and the kitchen remodel is coming along nicely. The Ikea cabinet boxes are up, granite installed, appliances will go in tomorrow and now we're just waiting for the Scherr cabinet doors. However, I'm struggling to find a paint color that works with Colonial Cream granite and dark cherry cinnamon cabinets. You can see a little glimpse of the sample door near the Coke can. I've bought 8 paint samples and none of them wow me. I would love any suggestions y'all might have.

Thank you!

Tasha

P.S. CEFreeman - I checked out Community Forklift last weekend. What a great resource. Thanks for hippin' me to it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint Color Goes w/ Colonial Cream Granite

Have you tried a gold? SW Restrained Gold is nice and I think it would give you a lot of contrast.

Here is a link that might be useful: SW Restrained Gold

o

Ahhh...thanks, Lisa_wi. I'll try that out this weekend.

o

All the colors on the strip provided by Lisa are beautiful. So warm and vibrant. I'm using a green tinged cream called A Beautiful Beige by BH&G in my kitchen. But my counters are Wilson Art Madera Gold, which has a lot of pale limeish green.

I gather numerous color samples when I'm choosing paint, disregarding who makes the color. Paint chips are coded so that Sherwin Williams mixed my paint from a Behr color chip.

o

Here is our kitchen- very similiar colors:) We used BM Shaker Beige
DSC_0757

o

Here is our kitchen- very similiar colors:) We used BM Shaker Beige
DSC_0757

o

Thank you, MuleHouse, for that suggestion. I will head to the paint store today to get paint samples.

CKGM - what a beautiful kitchen! you give me hope that my kitchen will turn out nice. I had been eying Shaker Beige. Now I will add that to my list.

Thanks everyone!

o

I ended up going with SW Loggia #7506 because the backsplash is a little bit brown/gray/olive. The kitchen is getting close to being finished. Just waiting on the Scherr doors.

Thanks for your help with the paint colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here