Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Is this corner too tight?

numbersjunkie
10 years ago

I have previously posted other threads asking for help with my kitchen - asking about a corner range, and possible cantilever addition that I thought would allow for a better design. Lisa_a came up with a great idea to move the entry door so it opens on an angle, but DH and contractor nixed that plan. We can, however, move the door into the pantry and I am working on a layout based on that.

Here is my current plan, and I am concerned about the corner between the main sink and the refrigerator. I have a 36 inch sink base and plan to use a 33 inch silgranit super single. That will give me 1.5 inches of counter on each side. Then a 21 inch cabinet plus 3 inches of filler. On the other leg I will have 3 inches of filler plus a 27" cabinet. Then the refrigerator. Not sure yet if it will be full depth or counter depth. There will be no corner cabinet and a window will be above the 27" inch cabinet next to the refrigerator. We need the light and the window allow us to see who is at the door without walking around the corner.

Is this corner too tight to be functional? I am thinking it would be a space to package leftovers and possibly also a place for a coffee bar.

If anyone has this type of layout with the refrigerator that close to the corner I would appreciate pics or feedback on how it works. Other comments on the layout are also welcome.

Here is a link that might be useful: Prior thread

Comments (5)