Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing kitchen cabinets

Posted by Scooper1959 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 22:27

I'm new to this forum. Joined as it's great how much information I've seen. I'm getting estimates from two companies that sell cabinets. One place deals with Kraftmaid, Dynasty (already have them and they ended up being horrible,) and Medillion. I'm going to a 2nd company and they sell Koch, Wolf, and Kabinart. I think Kabinart works w/Sherwin Williams and you can get any color - or at least thats what I was told. Any information or insight from anyone that has bought cabinets is helpful. I already know what color I"m doing - upper cabinets will be sage (shaker style,) and bottom cabinets and island will be black/onyx. Thanks for ANY HELP!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing kitchen cabinets

If you're interested in a DIY cab, I can highly recommend Barker Cabinets. I have to do roof before kitchen, but I purchase a sample cabinets to check out the quality and ease of assembly - I think Barker is absolutely a DIY, reasonable cost option

Here is a link that might be useful: Barker Cabinets

o

Thank you - I will look them up. Has anyone one heard of Kabinart cabinets? I'm finding that when you get estimates from different places, they all deal with different companies. Thanks!!

o

We bought Bellmont cabinets. They are made locally in the PNW and affordable.

o

Are they Omega Dynasty cabinets?

I'm really surprised you had a bad experience with them. I have them and I absolutely love them! They're so sturdy and the finish quality is wonderful! All the hardware is solid and works smoothly. The customer service is outstanding! I highly recommend them...

o

The ones I have are 16 years old an thermafoil. They became warped and peeled within 1 year. Unfortunately we didn't know the right questions to ask 16 years ago. Now I'm asking a ton. I'm sure there better cabinets are probably great. Thermafoil cabinets are horrible. Our kitchen isn't that big - 14 x 14 and we paid $13,000 for cabinets that were crappy back then. Are there any sites that rate the actual quality of different cabinet mfgs? I was thinking about going with Kraft Maid - they've been around for so long and I love the color selection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here