Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucretzia_gw

Finally - Final Kitchen Pictures

lucretzia
13 years ago

Sorry but many other competing activities my time so I finally have had a chance to get DH to upload the pictures of the completed kitchen.

Product details...

* Cabinets - Inset painted maple (Oxford Cabinet Shop)

* Backslash - 1"x2" quartzite (Walker Zanger)

* Counters - PA Green soapstone

* Floor - 12"x24" porcelain (Mediterranean Tile & Marble)

* Appliances - Bluestar 48" range, KitchenAid 36" refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, Prestige 48" 1200 CFM hood insert (Reno's)

* Faucets - Rohl Country (Grande Central)

A huge thanks to everyone on the forum who spent the time to look at my ideas, provide great feedback, and calm me down when I thought the project would never end up right.

More Pictures

Comments (105)

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

Just great. Wonderful design eye. Restraint, functionality, integration, efficiency, and it's very inviting. Have I left anything out?

Nice job on the backsplash.

• mountaineergirl
    13 years ago

WOW! It's very beautiful!! Love every aspect!!

Could you share what kind of under cabinet lighting you used?

• joan2121
    13 years ago

I also love your kitchen!! We are moving along- hope mine looks as warm and inviting as yours! New windows go in next week (thank you erikanh and mamadadapaige!!) the cabs and everything else have to be decided. I love your backsplash- but there are so many at WZ- can you tell me which one it is?
    Thanks,
    Joan

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Chris45ny - I feel like I am exposing my secrets but here is the pantry opened up for the world to see. The plan is to add a sliding tray next to the microwave for a toaster (need to find the right toaster and for winter for DH to construct the tray!).

• amberley
    13 years ago

Oh you made me swoon again with your "exposed" cabinets!

• maidielou
    13 years ago

I will repeat what others have said... two words to describe your kitchen are serene and warm. I have made some similar choices and I am hoping the finished product looks as good as yours. Did I read correctly that your backsplash bricks are 1" x 2"? They look larger to me. Great job with your lighting too... I think that's what lends the warmth.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

joan2121 - The backsplash is called Shabui Bandar. I checked on their web site here's the link:
    Walker Zanger - Shabui
    newbieremodeler - The floor tile is from Kronos Ceramiche (Italy) and the style Eta Della Pietra.
    wi-sailorgirl - Cabinets are Sherwin-Willians Creme.
    ebean - Pendant lights are Hudson Valley Lighting Mini Pendants Randolph Collection 2621-HB.
    mountaineergirl - The undercabinet lighting were not anything special; went with something basic the electrician recommended. The cabinets have a recessed area that hides them.
    tanders - Wall color was a mixing error; if you want to know the Sherman Williams formula is theb I could get DH to dig it out.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

maidielou - Backsplash is 1 3/8" x 3" brick pattern.

• Susied3
    13 years ago

So So pretty! I'm sure you may have answered, but I missed it if you did, do you mind sharing what your hardware is? I'm in LOVE with it!
    Also, love those little glass cabinets over the doors, they add so much character. And, just ONE more question, I see your info on the cabinets, is that a custom color of the company? That's exactly the color I am looking for. If you don't know what it is, do you mind going and getting 2000 color swatches and finding it for me? Thanks!

JUST KIDDING OF COURSE!!!! I know the LAST thing I would want to look at is COLORS!

Enjoy, it's beautiful.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

susied3 -
    Hardware is Amerock Revitalize satin nickel (liked the depth of the handles).
    Oxford Cabinet Shop will paint their cabinets from a range of manufacturers so I was able to choose Sherman-Williams Creme SW7556.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tanders,
    We were going to use the quartzite floor also, but decided against it for maintanence reasons. I'm glad I did. However, in the adjacent powder room, we used it in a 4 1/2 or 5" hexagon and it is lovely.

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting the pantry picture. You have no fear of being exposed!! It looks amazing-so well organized!! The shelves are the right heights to accommodate your canned goods, cereals, etc. Appears like the varying shelves were well planned. Also love the fact that you have ample storage space for micro, mixer. Everything looks to be so easily accessible too. Now I have pantry envy along with your counters, cabinets, backsplash, floor......

• cpartist
    13 years ago

stunning

• tanders
    13 years ago

Ha! Be glad, be very glad you decided against it. We put our tile in in June, and I kick myself every day for doing it. It was one of the things I compromised on with DH (I wanted hardwood) and regret. Maintenance is a royal pain.

BUT...it LOOKS fabulous!! Everyone who comes into my home, it's the first thing they notice and comment on. I do love the way the tile looks though, and would still consider doing it for a backsplash. Since it's not being walked on, the maintenance issues are avoided.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tanders, I saw a kitchen with a quartzite subway backsplash and a 16 or 24" floor in the same stone. The kitchen was large and it looked great. As I mentioned, I decided against for practical reasons, but I think it would look nice. I was also thinking of wall color such as you describe, and also felt it would be too dark and somber for my taste, and went with the warmer tones.

• onerae
    13 years ago

WOW!!!!

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

The veining on the island is great! There is something so high fat creamy about that kitchen that makes it so warm and inviting. Love your corner window. Amazing vertical storage! Enjoy :)

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

All the descriptors I could think of have been used by previous posters, but I just had to tell you how beautiful, beautiful it is. Just....just....

And congratulations for being DONE!

• sherriz
    13 years ago

Really beautiful. Many years of great times in the kitchen!

• lala girl
    13 years ago

wow - that is one gorgeous kitchen! I love everything about it. Everything. Plus, I think it so hard to get a pared down, simple look that is still welcoming and warm - and you did it. Thank you so much for sharing. Enjoy!!

• lisa_a
    13 years ago

Stunning, simply stunning!

Lucretzia, I'm reworking a kitchen with corner windows/sink set-up. Many of our rooms' dimensions look similar although it looks like your range wall is longer than mine and our windows are larger than yours. Do you have a floor plan of your space? If so, would you be willing to share it? If not, I'd appreciate approximate measurements for counters for the fridge/sink, range/sink and range/wall spaces. TIA!

Do you have before pictures, too?

• ecdiskin
    13 years ago

Love it! Just beautiful. Love all the choices. I'm particularly interested in the bar stools...are those wrought iron? Comfortable? Where did you buy? I went w/ a cheap overstock option until I found just the right ones and I've been on the hunt for iron as well. Fabulous job!!!

• scrappy25
    13 years ago

wow, oh wow! This is just gorgeous! Can I ask how your experience was with Oxford? I have been to see them a few times and have been impressed but my renovation/remodel is still in flux.

1. Specifically, since they do not design, how did you figure out all the details like the stepped pantry design, the wood hood, the corbels under the sink cabinet, the different heights to accommodate the different ceiling heights? I must say that your designer, whoever it is, did a fabulous job!
    2. Did you give them all your appliance specs before they made the cabinets? Did they also install the refrigerator panels and the hood insert or did your contractor do that?
    3. Is the paint color one of their standard choices? It is so lovely and calming.
    4. Did you have too drive there every time with plans, or is there a way of faxing information in? It is a little hard to contact them since the phone availability is limited.

A lot of questions, I know! If you'd rather email me privately you can contact me through my gardenweb page. thank you so much!!
    Nancy

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

Super -- love the corner sink and window. Finish choices classic, not boring. And i think the island looks great for work as well as guests.

enjoy!

• scrappy25
    13 years ago

BTT for lucretzia, I'd like to contact you about Oxford cabinet. thanks!

• lucylu25
    13 years ago

It is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

• gillycat
    13 years ago

I love it

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

I'm so glad this got bumped! I was in Boston for my youngest son's 21st birthday when you originally posted. Your kitchen is yummy! So creamy, warm, and sunny--makes for a very welcoming space! I love your colors! That veining on your island soapstone has me drooling as does your storage wall. I'm sure you'll enjoy your space for many years to come! Please, please, please be sure to get your kitchen on the FKB!

• islanddevil
    13 years ago

Breathtaking! I would love to move in there and wouldn't change a thing! Can you please come to San Diego and work your magic on my kitchen? Agree with the others, serene and elegant. But it still looks comfortable and inviting. Monochromatic textured perfection!

• lisaslists2000
    13 years ago

Very pretty! So serene. I see your bluestar. I love mine. I hope you love yours. Have you used the griddle? I wanted to share a secret for cleaning it. If you make scrambled eggs, they pick up just about everything. Cheap, too. Add a little extra water so they spread. Use a metal spatula to scrape them up and you're done!

• dmwbcc
    13 years ago

It simply stunning. I would have naturally tried to marry the counter tops and floors in a back splash- I would think twice after seeing yours- it's perfect! I love that the counter tops just speak for themselves and the floor and back splash are the complementary.

You've almost brought tears to my eyes, seriously!

Congrats on your beautiful creation!

Deanna
    dmwbcc

• decornovice
    13 years ago

So verryyyyy BEAUTIFUL !!!!!! Enjoy!

• jterrilynn
    13 years ago

I'm so digging your countertops!!!

• najohnson
    13 years ago

I'll add to everyone else--it is a glorious kitchen. One more question which I did not see anywhere......what under cabinet lights did you use?? Thanks!!

• blondeziggy2
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful kitchen! How do you like your fridge? I'm looking to possibly buy the same one. I would love your opinion. Thanks!

• billy_g
    13 years ago

Wow, your kitchen is SO beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

We are planning a kitchen with a 48 inch cooktop and griddle, white cabinets, and soapstone counters so we love your ideas.

We are trying to decide between the Bluestar and Capital Culinarian cooktop. I have to say the Culinarian griddle looks wimpy -- both narrower and shorter than the Bluestar griddle.

Can I ask you a big favor? Can you measure the size of your griddle cooking surface and post it here?

Thanks so much!

Billy

• michelle16
    13 years ago

Lucretzia, I just came accross your pix. they are stunning, I am in the research phase and basically I want sim. cab, as yours, beaded inset cream and I have similar layout, hood and number of cab., would you mind telling me what the cabinets and install cost, and where is Oxford cab, I saw u posted that u got tile in NJ, I am in Clinton Nj, so maybe I can check out your cabinet person, I'm assuming it's custom? please advise, Thanks, Michelle

• Susan
    13 years ago

just gorgeous, breathtaking even!!

• neesie
    13 years ago

Simple and elegant; one of my favorites.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry, been busy enjoying the kitchen and entertaining so have not notcied the more recent posts.

lisa_a - hope this plan helps (click on it for a larger version)

scrapp25...
    1. Specifically, since they do not design, how did you figure out all the details like the stepped pantry design, the wood hood, the corbels under the sink cabinet, the different heights to accommodate the different ceiling heights? I must say that your designer, whoever it is, did a fabulous job!

We figured it all out ourselves; tons of reading and staring at pictures plus A LOT help from the Garden Web readers. Started with a stock kitchen designer who gave us some general ideas but we didn't like the product.

2. Did you give them all your appliance specs before they made the cabinets? Did they also install the refrigerator panels and the hood insert or did your contractor do that?

Contractor installed the refrigerator panels - we sent Oxford the details from the manuals and they figured out the sizes (perfectly!).

3. Is the paint color one of their standard choices? It is so lovely and calming.

The paint color was not a standard color but the up-charge was inexpensive.

4. Did you have too drive there every time with plans, or is there a way of faxing information in? It is a little hard to contact them since the phone availability is limited.

We drove to Oxford once and stayed the weekend so they we able to turn around the first set of plans before we left. The rest was done by post and phone. Challenging but we didn't want to drive the 4 hours each way to see them.

najohnson...
    Undercounter lights I think are from Juno - nothing too fancy.

blondeziggy2...
    I'm happy I went with the freezer on the bottom and the counter depth. The freezer is a little smaller than what we had with our 36" side-by-side but I like this setup much better.

billy_g...
    Griddle is 18"x11" but the last 1/2" on the side is not as hot as the middle.

• lucretzia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A couple of before/during pictures

• lisa_a
    13 years ago

Thanks so much, Lucretzia, for posting your plans!

• rococogurl
    13 years ago

The kitchen looks fabulous. Classic, classy and yet unique. The corner sink is great. So smart.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Just a quick "lovely kitchen!" Will have to check back in to read through the posts later, but so far I like what I saw!

• gsmama
    13 years ago

Amazing. Thanks for adding all the detail. Love everything but also the fridge panel...somehow have never seen one like that. Looks especially custom to me. We are also doing Shaker inset. Would LOVE to have the stand alone pantry.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

We are going to get in touch w/ oxford cab co. about doing our kitchen hopefully on wednesday and try to set up a time to go and talk to them. where they pretty reasonable cost wise? Did you get other quotes and how did they compare?

Thanks!

• cj47
    13 years ago

Wow, what a transformation! I always love to see the before pictures. You must feel like you're in heaven when you walk into that beautiful, classy space. That slab of soapstone on the island is gorgeous! Love the view from the corner sink, what a nice touch that is. Lovely job, you must be thrilled with it.

Enjoy the new space,
    Cj

• theresse
    13 years ago

This has got to be one of my favorite kitchens that I've seen on the web. Love it.

• francoise47
    13 years ago

Dear Lucretzia, I hope you are enjoying your gorgeous kitchen! I have a quick question about the wall cabinets flanking your range. From the blueprint you posted it looks like they are 24" wide (for the single door cabinet). Is this really the width? If so, how are you liking that width in terms of function. I'm trying to decide on the best width for the single cabinets flanking my range. I can go anywhere from 18" wide for the inset cabinets to 21" wide. They are stacked to the ceiling with 9 foot ceilings. Thanks for any info you have.

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

Lucretzia, if you are still here, could you share the price of your Walker Zanger Shabui backspash tile? Its really gorgeous. In fact, your whole kitchen is gorgeous!!! Hope you are enjoying it.
    Or, does anyone know of anything similar? Before I get too hooked on Lucretzia's tile, I'd love to know whether the price is realistic to consider.

I have creamy cabs, soapstone,grey tile with a little taupe in it and light beige walls. A few cherry cabs, too. Anyone have ideas for me? Tried all sorts of shades of subways and they dont look right. Cararra subways look best, but would like to see if there is a more casual option.

This is the LAST big decision to make, and my brain is fried. Now I see why so many have such a tough time picking a backspash!!