Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting Prep Sink

Posted by SapphireMoon (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 22:24

A few weeks ago a walked into a place that I was not expecting to have a kitchen and bath design center. I was walking around looking at the cabinets when I spotted this prep sink... I thought it was cool. The granite in the set up was gorgeous. I thought ya'll would like this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On another note...I worked with the designer there and ordered my cabinets Friday! I'm excited! Went with Medallion cabinets. I appreciate everyones help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting Prep Sink

The sink is fun -- probably works better as a bar sink that prep sink if you want to use colanders or set a pot in the sink. I wondered why the cutting board looked so oddly shaped. :D

o

Oh good Lord - a prep sink in the shape of the state of Texas. Definitely not what I'm looking for, but it would be a conversation starter for sure.

o

Wonder if it comes in other states as well ?

o

That's too funny! Only in TX... =)

I'm super impressed that the cutting board is also in the shape of TX and fits in the sink. Creative. I'm also impressed by the obvious seam in the granite. Ouch. Unless those are two different granites but it doesn't look like it. Hope I don't end up with seams like that.

o

Oh, I thought that there were only urinals in that shape ;-)

Quite cute the way the cutting board is fit and shaped.

o

"Wonder if it comes in other states as well ?"

Right now this is the only one in the line- by Elkay. They will do custom sink and tops though

o

We saw that at Ferguson when we were looking for a sink...all I can say thank goodness it was installed!! I would not have been able to pry it out of DH's hands!!! He thinks we should be flying the Texas flag over our gate, and only eat Texas toast!! We live in Kentucky now.

Nancy

o

Oh, my. That's a seam!!!
I thought it was a different level.

I think one in the shape of a mitten (Michigan!) would be totally cool. You'd have two bowls, and a lot of lakes.

o

If it weren't for the southwest corner bootheel, New Mexico could use a regular ol' rectangular sink and claim that it was especially state-shaped :) .

Any pics of the cabs that you ordered, sapphiremoon?

cheers

o

Why is it that Texas is the only state that has so much stuff in the shape of the state? When you visit Texas, every other sign has a picture of Texas, it seems. In Massachusetts or Pennsylvania or Colorado you never ever see this. Texans are weird ;-)

I want a sink shaped like RI.

o

Texas does have a unique shape -- I think that helps. Florida, Oklahoma and California too. And Alaska and Hawaii, but contiguous boundaries are much easier than islands. I suspect size and population also have something to do with it (cuz they can sell enough of them). There are a lot of more rectangular states that leave a lot of folks questioning whether that was X or Y, but everyone knows Texas (and should know those others).

o

You can get a prep sink shaped like Colorado or Wyoming. :^)

o

Oh wow, that seam in the granite is awful. Cute sink though!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here