Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robynstamps_gw

Kitchen Countertops installed today!! EEEKKKK!!

robynstamps
9 years ago

I'm so stinkin' excited! The day has finally arrived when my kitchen countertops were installed! I stalked my house at least 12 times today waiting for them to finish. Of course, they installed my island last just to torment me. Here are pics of my unfinished kitchen but we are getting there. We move in on the 30th of September!! YIKES!

Countertop: Brazilian White Quartzite
Cabinet Colors: Benjamin Moore White Dove and Steel Wool
Brushed Nickel Amerock Hardware

I'll do these in separate pics since it is faster right now. Hope you enjoy!

Comments (48)

• rosibal
    9 years ago

Lovely kitchen and amazing view! enjoy!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is another view!

• RiseC
    9 years ago

Wow, beautiful kitchen! Where do you live?

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a pic of the smaller island with prep sink.

• mom2samlibby
    9 years ago

WOW! Gorgeous!

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

Gorgeous!! Magazine worthy!!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Different view of the main island.

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

Stunning! I certainly can understand your excitement!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Close up of the sink run!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Other angle of the kitchen.

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Butler's pantry between the kitchen and dining room.

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And the final pic of the groupâ¦.

I asked my finished carpenter to make a little area in my hidden pantry where I can store my potatoes, onions, and other items like that. Then I asked my fabricator if he could make me a countertop for it. Worked out perfectly AND I can keep my wheat grinder out on it!

• wags848
    9 years ago

Lovely!!

• brightm
    9 years ago

Beautiful!

As are the views out the windows!

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Absolutely smashing!

• Skoochabelle
    9 years ago

Gorgeous!!!!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Lovely kitchen. The countertops are beautiful. They look great with both the White & the Steel Wool cabinets. Looks like they did a perfect job on your mitered edges. I am excited for you!

• taggie
    9 years ago

I wasn't sure what the eeeek meant, re whether you were happy or unhappy. Glad I opened it to see.

Wow. Drop. Dead. Gorgeous!

Congrats!!!

• bookworm4321
    9 years ago

seriously gorgeous, huge, wonderful pantry, and views to die for.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

OMG!!! That is going to be one freakin'ly amazing kitchen when it's completed! Your counters are absolutely scrumptious!

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

wow - that's beautiful! The whole kitchen! so much counter space too - and drawers!

and the view - what state are you in? what is behind the house? All those windows to look out at the view - that's probably what I'd do most of the day.

• jyaanga
    9 years ago

Wow, that is really beautiful! It looks like marble. I love marble, but didn't want to deal with maintenance. Then though about using light colored Quartzite, but stone people said it can stain. I would love to hear how easy this is to maintain.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

Wow, wow and WOW! Stunningly beautiful! Thanks for the sneak peek and keep the pictures coming! Your excitement is contagious. Those counter tops! That view! The cabinet layout and spaciousness!!

• friedajune
    9 years ago

Stunning! And the view is so gorgeous. I am curious - what will your floors be?

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

What a gorgeous counter and beautiful kitchen/house! Simply stunning. What are you using that prep sink island for? Will that be like a buffet/bar serving area? Looking forward to a final reveal.

• juno_barks
    9 years ago

A dream kitchen for sure - and big enough you could invite all of us to come help you cook :)
    I'm nervous about my superwhite countertops - but if they are even half as beautiful as yours I'll be happy. congrats.

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

desertsteph - We live in Utah. We positioned the house for the optimal view. We live right in front of two mountains. Love it except for the deer who ate all the fruit from the trees we planted 2 years ago!

Jyaanga - A true quartzite will not stain. It is a natural stone and passed all of the tests for scratching, etching, and staining. Good luck on your decision!

ck_squared - We will have a large garden and have a small fruit tree orchard. I will be using that sink for canning with my sister and mom. On the other side of that island are 3 stools. We will also use it for food when my large family comes over. My husband is one of 11 and most of them live in Utah. Over 68 cousins for my kids to run around with!

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Beautiful, I love it! I can understand your excitement! It's gorgeous.

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

Those veiws! Inside and out ... Just gorgeous!!!

• bellsmom
    9 years ago

Very lovely. And I can understand why you need all that counterspace. Sounds like your family may crowd even this kitchen at times. It will be a glorious place to work!

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing it when all the little finishing details--including that infamous ABB (all but backsplash) stage--are complete.

Hope you post pictures of family in this great space.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

And this is why you do all in your power to have a window in your kitchen.

Everything is beautiful, but that quartzite is something else.

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! Your whole kitchen is just lovely and your views are amazing.

• bicyclegirl1
    9 years ago

Ditto what everyone else said! Beautiful! I'd probably wash a lot of dishes more than cook w/ views like that! Can't wait to see the final.

• ReBe231
    9 years ago

Your kitchen is beautifully perfect. I wouldn't change a thing!

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

THUD!

That's the sound of my jaw hitting the floor because your counters are drop-dead gorgeous! As is that view. You must be levitating off the ground with excitement!

• joygreenwald
    9 years ago

You could charge people just to come over to see your kitchen. I know I'm echoing what everyone else said, but wow! What a view! And I'm jelous of your large, local family. Enjoy your new kitchen!!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much!! I was so nervous the week before install because I was hoping everything would work well together. I'm acting as the kitchen designer and have to say that this is the last house I'm designing! Totally stressful but worth it.

• Lisa
    9 years ago

O.M.G.!!!! Just as everyone else has said, absolutely stunning! I mean drop dead gorgeous. The entire kitchen is to die for as is that spectacular view. I can not wait to see your final reveal!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks lcskaisgir! I am still kind of shocked. Can't believe I get to cook and can in it in only 19 days!!!

• akl_vdb
    9 years ago

Gorgeous view! Counters are only second to the view :) Beautiful kitchen, I hope you cook many wonderful meals and make many memories in it.

• Amy Sumner
    9 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Have you pressed your cheek to the stone and expressed your undying love? I would! ;) Enjoy your beautiful new home...

• collage5
    9 years ago

robynstamps, your countertops are gorgeous and I love them with the cabinets--congratulations! Can you provide a little more detail about quartztile? You said "A true quartzite will not stain." -- can you give the brand name? I googled the name you posted above but there were too many different images that popped up. Yours is truly beautiful. Also, did you see/approve the slab(s) beforehand? Congrats again!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks collage! I got to pick out all 5 slabs used in our kitchen area. We got them from Italia Granite in SLC, Utah. I couldn't find any other slabs online with the same name or any other quartzite that looked like it at all. They told me they had just got it in and were the only ones in the state that had it. I believe them as I have not seen it before at all. There is a thread all about different countertop materials and how to test them to see what stone they are. I did all the tests on mine and it passed for a true quartzite.

Good luck!
    Robyn

• Shelley Graham
    9 years ago

Wowzers!!! What a stunner! And what a perfect kitchen for large family gatherings...you will LOVE it!

Love your drawer pulls. I've been looking for something similar. Would you mind sharing your source? And the quartzite is beautiful...can't wait to shop for mine!

Job VERY well done!

• robynstamps
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks!! The pulls are from Amerock. Love them! We even got large ones for our fridge/freezer.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Wow! It's beautiful. I can't say anything the others haven't said. I love it.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I agree with lcskaisgir and everyone else that your kitchen so far is absolutely stunningly gorgeous! I can not wait to see your final reveal! I love the counters and the style of the doors, the white and gray painted cabinets chosen, the hardware, the view, the layout, etc. I can't wait to see the final reveal!

• dents1987
    9 years ago

Your kitchen is AMAZING!! I have a quick question.. Are your windows beige? If so, will your trim match your windows? I have been contemplating this on my house for weeks. I was supposed to have chosen a window color yesterday but I am struggling!! I really want beige windows but I am doing white cabinetry, like yours, and had worried about how that would look together and then what color my baseboards and trim should be.... so many decisions!! I would love to hear what you are doing. Thanks!