Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtv20

yellow bertazzoni range

mtv20
13 years ago

Can my yellow bertazzoni range stand on it's own with my white cabinets or do I have to coordinate countertops too? I am really having lots of difficulty choosing granite with my porcelain floor. Some are advising me that my yellow range should somehow tie in with granite. I kinda like for the range to stand on it's own and coordinate the (yellow) range with other kitchen accessories. Input please!

Comments (12)

• kathec
    13 years ago

I have a yellow Chambers. I'm going to have creamy white cabinets, we're keeping the existing beige tile which is very neutral and the countertops will be baltic brown on the perimeter and butcher block on the island. The backsplash will be a creamy white crackle. Overall, except for the range and my island (that's another story), the fixed elements are neutral.

I'm planning to let the range stand on it's own and tie in the yellow in the window fabric and accessories.

If I ever move, I want to take my yellow range with me. I'll probably replace my range with a mid range SS to sell.

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Personally, I feel yellow goes with just about everything. I don't think you need to coordinate your tops with your range. I can't imagine anything that would look terrible with a yellow Bert.

• riverspots
    13 years ago

I think it would be difficult to "tie in" and would go with any granite except yellowish ones.

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Personally, I would want the yellow range to stand on its own rather than specifically coordinate with the countertop material. I would be careful not to put anything in the kitchen that seemed to clash with the range, but I would not be worried about finding granite that specifically coordinates or matches the range.

Can you share some of the non-coordinating countertop materials that you're interested in?

• jge2010
    13 years ago

I think that you will be fine coordinating or just making sure that it does not clash. You can always pick up the yellow in your wall paint color, back splash tiles or kitchen accessories. It is hard to comment without seeing a photo of your other materials. As important as it is to not to have clashing colors, it is also important to have a good balance of values. Your floor and cabinets are light. If I can remember, the yellow for the stove is fairly strong, but considered medium in value (not light, not dark). You may not want it to be the only strong color/medium value in a sea of pales. You want some medium value elsewhere to balance it, but not overpower or distract from the stove.

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Mtv20,
    You must be getting closer to the choices. It is going
    to look amazing. No worries. I think there are many
    choices you can go with for a counter but whatever you
    do, that yellow range is going to rock your kitchen.
    Beautiful. Yes, let the range stand on it's own.

Here are some other yellows and you can see they
    all work great. Coordinated or not the range will be
    amazing.
    ~boxerpups

Seattle Times

Kim Christie May 09

Aga cooker

Bertazzoni

Okay this one is not yellow but notice the lovely
    combination of yellow and blue and white.
    Oh La La Lacanche.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW link from April

• kathec
    13 years ago

There are tons of countertop options that are not yellow or have yellow tones. Soapstone, butcher block, white, cream and brown marbles, and tons of granite and quartz choices.

Here's white:

Design Sponge

• kathec
    13 years ago

I guess we were posting at the same time boxerpups.

mtv20, I was just thinking, if you were interested in doing a yellow toned backsplash, check out pineapple onyx.

If I hadn't already bought tile that I love, I would have gone for this as an accent. My local Floor and Decor carries a few different styles. It's more yellow & gold than it shows on the website (at least my monitor).

Here is a link that might be useful: Floor and Decor

• marcolo
    13 years ago

A yellow Berta is like a piece of art. You want it to stand on its own. You don't want to dilute its impact by making other things match.

That said, you do need to coordinate with your other colors. if you're doing white cabs, you at least need a warm white, not a cool blue one.

And whoever said "yellow goes with everything" needs to see the man with a newly painted yellow living room and a big pile of fabric swatches sitting on a chair.

• kathec
    13 years ago

Now I'm seeing yellow everywhere LOL!
    Here's a Christopher Peacock white kitchen with yellow accessories.

Kathe

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Kathec,
    Ohhhhh I like that kitchen.
    ~boxerpups

• kathec
    13 years ago

Boxerpups,
    here's a closer shot: