Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update: What we chose for granite!

Posted by SMPop18 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 21:53

Thanks for all the suggestions on my original post. We ended up going with a darker granite than I originally thought we would. In the end it was between Tropic Brown and Venetian Gold. Tropic Brown just seems to look better overall and will stand out better against the tile floor. I hope the pictures will do it justice (it seems to take on a green tone in pics) and I would love to hear your thoughts! I am also going to post photos of the granite we chose for our master bathroom, which is Gaillo Ornamental.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Close up
Photobucket
With Flash
Photobucket

Master Bath. Same Cabinets, different tile.
Photobucket
This photo shows a darker tile on the right that will be used as accent in the shower and in a smaller pattern on tub.
IMG_20120905_212758

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update: What we chose for granite!

Nice combos! I love the contrast between the granite and floor choice. They go beautiful with the cabinet stain!

o

Oh, wow!
I am rather apathetic about granite, so I was pleased to find myself sitting here going, "oh, wow! Oh, wow."

Very nice. It almost looks like textures, which I absolutely love.

You're going to have a beautiful home!

o

Very nice. I like the look of "texture" also.

o

Beautiful choices of your granite and tile with your cabinets. Very warm and inviting. I can't wait to see the finished project.

o

Looks like everything plays very well together! Very pretty! And your choices will provide a great backdrop to almost any accent colors you decide to go with!

o

Love the combos - very nice. It's so neat that you were able to find two granites that work with the same cabinets.

P.S. I have GO in our kitchen and after 2 years I still love it. There is always something new to discover in it depending on the light.

o

I think the granite looks great with that cabinet and tile!

(I have the same floor) :)

o

You did a great job putting that all together. It looks really nice. Looking forward to seeing it when it's all installed. Good choices!

o

Thanks so much for your comments everyone! I'm so excited to see it all together in our new home!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here