Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aroberts1231

Benjamin Moore off white kitchen cabinet paint

aroberts1231
11 years ago

I am trying to decide on a BM off creamy/off white color to paint cabinets. I don't want anything too yellow or pink. I am going to go with a BM green color for the walls...not a lime or a dark green..something in between. Any suggestions????

Comments (21)

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

What green color? There are so many different kinds of greens....

• dallaslisa
    11 years ago

I've lurked on this site for the past year, but I couldn't resist finally posting something. We just painted our cabinets in BM's Sugar Cookie (Satin Impervo). I LOVE that it's not too yellow or pink or green, just warm. Plus, as a baker, I gotta love the name. :)

Whatever you're leaning toward, be sure to paint some on and view it in your room with your light and with the greens you're considering. They might clash, or the walls might force the cabinets to look greener.

Best of luck!

• aroberts1231
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love that color on yours! I haven't decided on the green either, I want like a medium kinda sage green.. Any suggestions On tht? I'm trying to upload a picture of my kitchen with my new countertop and backsplash. No luck yet.

• aroberts1231
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love this(not my kitchen) but the look I'm going for

Here is a link that might be useful: Not my kitchen but I love both the color of walls and cabinets

• aroberts1231
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is my kitchen...work in progress...appliances will be stainless

Here is a link that might be useful: My kitchen

• dallaslisa
    11 years ago

Thanks! We have a lot of sage green in the rest of the house. I find it really soothing! But definitely tricky- some shades will turn gray/chalky in certain lights and I would cry if I picked one that turned lime or apple. So worth it to buy those sample cans and live with striped walls for a few days!

• aroberts1231
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Were the links to my pictures able to show up?

• dallaslisa
    11 years ago

Sorry, no. I just got directed to my facebook page. Hope you can get the links to work!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

My sage turned turquoise-y.
    Ick.

It took me 5 or 6 tries to get it right.
    Valspar "Colonial Beige" turned out to be the right sage/gray/green.

• aroberts1231
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Love these colors! Anyone know which Benjamin Moore colors would match this?

Here is a link that might be useful: The look I'm going for

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

The photo says it is this color. Ellen Kennon Full Spectrum Paints's Edgewood Green. You can go to a BM store and ask them to match the color.

Color is so dependent on light and surroundings that you really have to try things in your kitchen to see what works.

I love greens. But be forewarned. Greens are the worst about holding their color accurately, especially in a room that gets a lot of light.

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

Take a look at BM Canvas.

Good luck looking for the perfect color!

• Bunny
    11 years ago

donaleen, I have BM Camouflage (soft sage) in my bedroom and I love it. Although it's a gentle color, it was a bold choice for me. I loved it so much I had my pre-reno kitchen walls painted with it. Same side of the house, same light. In the kitchen the color was totally blown out, you could barely tell it was green. It might have been the old white counters and appliances, never could put my finger on it.

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

linelle, color is so affected by everything around it. On the advice of an artist neighbor, we started painting our ceilings Marble White instead of white. Makes an amazing difference in how the room looks. The ceiling still reads white but it just warms things up a bit.

Ahhh, color. So complex. I especially love the colors that change with the light. I like BM paint because they have a lot of those complex colors that do that. By complex, I mean colors that can be pushed in different directions depending on light and surroundings.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

OT: I just had a really negative experience at my local BM store. Everyone loves their colors--including me--but we found their customer service so lacking, I plan to never buy BM again. I can have their colors mixed by others.

• aroberts1231
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I'm not going directly thru them, my painter I'm using uses their paint. Thanks for the heads up tho!

• Donaleen Kohn
    11 years ago

I hate bad customer service. Our store is great. We also have more than one store that sells it. Maybe you do, too. Our stores are not owned by BM. Is yours?

• Bunny
    11 years ago

donaleen, I'm not sure how BM store ownership works. It's possible they're independently owned. There's another one on the other side of town, and if I ever soften my stance, I will go there. Here in California, Kelly-Moore is very popular with contractors and they turned our recent experience into a positive one, the entire time not uttering a disparaging word about BM.

Bad customer service can happen anywhere, but it can be a toxic experience.

• Tim
    11 years ago

Cloud White - after many, many of the large chips, test pots etc. we went with the perennial favorite Cloud White (which now adorns all the walls and trim in our house).

• cathyagne
    6 years ago

Hi! We're almost to the end of our \kitchen remodel. For years, my go to BM trim color has been Linen White. It is a warm, not stark white. When we decided to paint the kitchen cabinets, that's the color I chose. I also have creamy Mistero quartz, so I needed some contrast. The large center island will be in BM Grasshopper (lemongrassish), and the walls will be a soft BM Pale Celery. Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Chessie
    6 years ago

cathyagne, LOL! I think she has probably figured it out by now - you dug up a 5 year old thread. :-)