Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love my tapmaster 1776 cold water only

Posted by kksmama (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 21:43

In my part of Florida, the cold water tap is rarely colder than 72 degrees, in summer it is closer to 80. I'm happy washing hands and produce and doing all other prep tasks, including light washing, with cold water only. So I saved a few bucks and had the tapmaster 1776 installed, after ascertaining that I could later use parts to convert it to a 1775 if it didn't work out.
But it is working out great! I keep the (single) handle all the way over to "cold" and no water flows unless I "tap". If I wanted hot only, I could use the handle to get it. If I wanted a blend, I'd have to engage the tap and adjust the handle. The guy at conserve-a-store was happy to get the friendly and helpful folks from Canada on the phone when I called to inquire, and they all agreed it was worth a try.
Tapmaster is one of the things I never would've heard about if not for GW, and I'm really thrilled about it, so I just wanted to share the info.
I'm enjoying this so much I may well need to get one for the cleanup sink!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love my tapmaster 1776 cold water only

I'll try to remember to update in February or March, I'm curious to see if I ever need the 1775 conversion.

Forgot to mention that there was a delayed on/off response in the first few days, maybe it needed to prime the tubing? I never checked, but it has been flawless since then.

Better thread on tapmaster

Here is a link that might be useful: which tapmaster model?

This post was edited by kksmama on Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 3:26

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here