Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ecobuzz

Pull-Down Faucet for apron sink - would love to see pics

EcoBuzz
12 years ago

Hi everyone! I love all the info on the Kitchen forum - you guys are amazing!

We stumbled into a kitchen re-do when we decided to replace the icky linoleum with tile. One thing seems to lead to another - the new floor has kicked off a bunch of other "improvements". Luckily hubby is a contractor so we're in good shape :-). I'm sure I will have many more questions but here's my first.

We're replacing our yucky top-mount stainless dual basin sink with a 33" single basin stainless apron sink. And of course the old yucky classic single handle faucet just won't cut it with the new sink :-).

Would a pull-down style faucet look appropriate with a stainless apron sink? And should I look for a stainless steel finish for the faucet to match the sink?

We're looking at the Delta Leland (stainless finish???) and the Grohe Ladylux but I'm open to anything at this point as long as it works nicely, retracts smoothly and is reliable. I'd love to see pictures of your stainless farmhouse apron sinks with faucets for inspiration.

Comments (13)

• EcoBuzz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I should probably add that the finished kitchen will have a Tuscan feel to it - light to medium natural wood cabinets (hardware probably brass or bronze or some kind of brownish color, not silver, chrome, nickel or stainless hardware), cream/brown/goldish granite counters, tile backsplash (color TBD) with a Tuscan landscape tile mural over the stove, light yellow walls (BM Soleil) and a wine color (BM Moroccan Spice) accent wall. The floor (the only part completed to date) is a light beige tile.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Yes, a pulldown (my preference) or pullout faucet is appropriate for that type of sink. To me, ss is a more modern element anyway. I'll link a kitchen below beautifully done with a sleek pulldown and ss farm sink.

I hesitate to say this since you didn't ask, but are you sure you want to do the Americanized Tuscan look for your kitchen? That style is widely considered dated. If you're concerned about re-sale in the nearish future, you might want to think twice. There are ways to get the warm, inviting color you want without making such a design statement.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. You won't believe how many hours you'll spend here learning about things you never knew you cared about until someone else posts about it. You'll soon be TKO (Totally Kitchen Obsessed) like the rest of us!

Here is a link that might be useful: Celine's kitchen with pulldown faucet

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

I have one but my style is more contemporary

From Drop Box

• friedajune
    12 years ago

I have to agree with Breezygirl about the "Tuscan" look (sorry!). But maybe you just meant the color combination reminded you of Tuscany, and it sounds like your colors will be soft and lovely (I didn't see you say anything about faux wall treatments, iron curlicue stuff, faux broken Tuscan tiles and the like, so it should look very pretty). I don't think there is such a thing as a "Tuscan look faucet", so you should go with whatever faucet you think looks great, rather than worrying about making the sink fit with a Tuscan theme.

One of my favorite stainless apron-sink-plus-gorgeous-faucet combo's is firsthouse_mp's kitchen. The kitchen is not the look you are going for, but her sink and faucet are really great. Her faucet is the Blanco Meridian Semi Professional. It comes in a couple of finishes; I will link the polished chrome version which is the least expensive, but I believe it also comes in stainless and satin nickel finishes (you did not provide a faucet budget). BTW, which sink are you going to buy? If you have not yet chosen, check out the sinks at galaxytoolsupply.

Firsthouse_mp's Kitchen

Blanco Meridian Semi Professional Faucet

• Anthony
    12 years ago

No pics yet (work in progress), but we went with a 30" Shaws apron sink and a Kohler Vinnata Chrome pulldown faucet.

Saw the exact combo in a Ferguson showroom and loved it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vinnata Faucet

• fivefootzero
    12 years ago

We have an undermount sink, but have the Delta Leland...and if you can find it, it is a WONDERFUL faucet. We got the one with the handle attached...they also have one where the handle is separate requiring another hole. We love love love the magnet that holds it and the spray/stream is awesome.

• Mellie0803
    12 years ago

We have a white apron sink and the Delta Leland faucet. Very happy with the faucet. The magnet is super strong, water pressure is great and sprayer is good too. We have the brushed steel finish.

• EcoBuzz
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures and advice - it is so helpful to see examples of the SS apron sinks installed in real kitchens.

akchicago was correct about the design - the Tuscan inspiration is driving the color choices for the walls and cabinets (or vice versa, not really sure - lol) and some small elements like the range backsplash but since this is a work in progress we could change course at any time! Tuscan is just the closest I can come to putting a name on what I'm picturing in my head.

And to put things in perspective, this house is very rundown. It was built in 1950 and when the original owners died it became a rental property for many years. We're not concerned with resale in the current state this house is in - any update to the kitchen will be an improvement. If this house was sold, as is, today, it would be sold at property value probably for no more than it would sell for if there was no house here at all. It's one of the last original, un-renovated homes in the neighborhood and it hasn't been kept up. It needs to be completely remodeled or, more likely, rebuilt. Until that can happen we just want a kitchen that we are comfortable in and makes us happy :-). I'll post some "before" pictures when I figure out how to do that.

And I'd LOVE to see more pics of SS apron sinks installed in real lived-in kitchens and faucet recommendations, these are awesome examples so far. Thank you so much!

• dalmadarling
    12 years ago

I found quite a few here:
    http://www.houzz.com/photos/query/stainless%20farmhouse%20sink

I've never seen these before! Thanks for insping the search and sparking a new idea :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Stainless Steel Sinks

• kngwd
    12 years ago

Here is my SS apron & pull-down faucet - I went with galaxytoolsupply.com - awesome! Free shipping & returns for me in NJ too, which was great since I ordered the wrong sink the 1st time!!

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

I went with the Kraus SS apron and the Kohler Vinnata in SS. I looked at the Moen relex (?) but I did not want the faucet to automatically retract if I'm washing veggies from the garden. I want the faucet to stay where I put it. So far I love it, spray or stream at the quick push of a button. Works really well with large pots, ec. Not quite done finished kitchen but here's a pic, sorry about the poor quality.

• enduring
    12 years ago

I find the pull down much preferable to the pull out type. For me, pull down is easier to use, you just point the spray. The pull out is angled weird and I have to work at twisting my wrist to get it to spray where I want it to go, usually to wash down the sides of the sink. Because of this, I recommend trying both styles out before you commit to pull down or pull out.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths