Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hags00

Clicking away in my tiny galley

hags00
11 years ago

I may never do a reveal, just tiny snippets as I roll along!! Marmoleum Click is done. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I intentionally laid it in the opposite direction of the instructions (perpendicular to the natural light entry) so more seams show but it was just infinitely easier to lay in the tiny galley that way.

It seems like tough stuff, I had to work hard during install to do any damage to it. I have laid a lot of different flooring and it was harder than average to lay. Feels really good under the feet and really makes me feel away from the concrete slab so I may learn to love it in the winter!

From marguerite during

I am doing a total house renovation of a 1900 sq ft ranch. This view is the front door to the left with the eating area bay beyond it. The galley would be to the right in this photo. The foyer had no transition to the eating area and kitchen so I chose to put the same flooring in the foyer. This photo shows some of the seams in the natural light. Some areas they are invisible some areas not so.

From marguerite during

Next up, finish the flooring in the rest of the house, get some trim boards up, move in...then all the finishing details in the kitchen....crowns, toe kicks, hardware, etc

Comments (5)

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

I didn't see the seams without your comment on them. You did an impressive job. First picture is really nice. Bravo!

It's incredible you're renovating an entire house. Makes me want to take more tasks on. Good for you: you're having a rippling effect on others.

• herbflavor
    11 years ago

I calculate that for a kitchen that size,being a galley,when my time comes, to lay squares on the diagonal-what product did you select-is it strips or sheets? how did you reason to make that choice? You're doing a lot of work there!! Looks like with the money saved on labor you may be getting new appliances....

• onedogedie
    11 years ago

It looks very nice. I think Marmoleum is meant to be a supporting player so it seems right that you are neutral at this point. Maybe as the memory of your labor fades, and the other pieces of the remodel are finished, the love will happen? Bare feet will speed it along. : ) I love the feel of marmoleum underfoot.

I am curious if the click floor has the same qualities of a laminate floor? Specifically the "click, click" noise that dogs paws make when walking on it? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask someone in the know unless you are dogless?

• Circus Peanut
    11 years ago

That looks quite swell. Bet you're loving the change and the warmth. Is it true it barely seems to get dirty due to its anti-static nature?

I dig the feel of Marmo underfoot and hope to put it in my upcoming remodel, too. Is it possible to share the approx. cost per square foot that you paid for the Click? More/less than the 13" squares? Thanks!

• hags00
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My lack of love comes from the fact that it changes color. Like a lot of grays it goes blue in certain lights. The initial pictures show it in its gray state. Attached is a picture of it going blue (everything changes color, the wall is actually BM Thunder which is a pretty true gray!). I like blues thank goodness but I like gray better. Like someone mentioned think with the trim up, the rug at front door an a nice table in the eating area I won't be getting such a blue feeling!!

I used 12X36" planks which float because I was going solid color, less pieces to lay, less joints, the house is on a slab and cost. I purchased online at just under $5/square foot, click tiles are about $1 more and I don't know how much the glue down are. At my local store, my quote on planks was over $8 per sq ft.

It feels wonderful underfoot and has no clicking nature at all or feeling that it is settling in or flexing. Yet it is not soft. Very nice material. Don't know about it staying clean, it hasn't been down long enough and my dogs haven't skidded around the corners yet.