Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to find this tile or something like it?

Posted by Kitsch-en (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 21:28

Longtime lurker here.

We're trying to pick some of our kitchen finishes. I've had this inspiration picture in my file for a while, but now I'm having trouble finding this tile or anything like it. I'm not even sure what keywords to use to effectively search for it. The closest I've found is Moroccan or Mexican tile, but that's not exactly it.

I found it on Pinterest and can trace it back to this blog, but no further:
http://www.lauracaseyinteriors.com/blog/2012/02/28/kitchens-with-oomph/

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to find this tile or something like it?

Not exactly the same, but has similarities.

http://mosaictiledirect.net/left-category/shop-by-pattern/hexagon/italian-calacatta-gold-sunflower-pattern-polished-marble-mosaic-tiles-4-in-x-4-in-sample-5-00-free-shipping.html

Looks to me you could possibly create the pattern using Hexagon mosaic tiles.

o

I think it is Mosaic House Nejarine. You can choose other palettes than what are shown on the site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic House

o

Seriously, Pal - have you used that tile? How did you find it? Well done.

o

Wow....hope you can use it!! Love that inspiration picture!
And Pal does have quite a nose......

o

I basically have a mental/visual Rolodex for design-related stuff.

Last time I was in NYC, I ran across the store and looked around, and after I came home I looked at the website.

It looks Moroccan, it doesn't look like most manufacturers I look at--so I had it narrowed down to Mosaic House or possibly Artistic Tile. So I looked on the website.

For a sense of completion, the light fixture is Artemide, Logico, Triple Nested Ceiling version :P

o

Palimpest, you're amazing. I want to give you a virtual hug! I even found that website in a Google search for Moroccan tiles and breezed right by that one without making the connection. I didn't recognize the thumbnail version.

o

Kitsch-en, if you use that tile you have to promise to post pictures.

Great job Palimpsest!

o

OK, now you're just showing off. I must admit I am impressed nonetheless.

o

The pulls are Sugatsune. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Very $$$ pull

o

You are all very impressive and the kitchen is strikingly beautiful!
(Love the pulls.)

o

Oh breezy, et tu? Fine. I can be impressed with all of you, including Kitsch-en for posting the image. I can tell you it's a Chantal stainless tea kettle (millions sold).

o

Wow! Pal, you rock. And while I was there, I found this tile that is speaking to me to go in my kitchen.....

Photobucket

It says you can work with their designers to customize your colors. I'm thinking maybe shades of gray with white....oooolala

How expensive is this tile????

o

Oh, Bee. We think alike! I bookmarked that for my kitchen also. I did notice, however, that there were no grays in their color collection. I'm not sure if working with their designers means they can create custom colors or if it just means they can help you create a combination from their standard colors. The tile you pictured above is labeled as their white, but it has multiple shades. Very curious.

Sorry to go OT!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here