Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling enduring- question re: your sink

Posted by Boops2012 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 1, 13 at 21:28

Looking at an old thread, saw your beautiful backsplash and noticed the simplicity of your sink. Is it mounted in a 30 in base? If you could share info , I would appreciate it very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling enduring- question re: your sink

Are you referring to my stainless steel kitchen sink or my bathroom sink that is made of soapstone?

o

T he kitchen sink, sorry didn't specify.

o

Well, I should have realized that is what you meant, being the Kitchen Forum :)

It is a C-Tech-I sink that I found online. It is the model ZSR-300 Paola sink. It is 31x18 outer dimension according to the web site. Probably too wide for my kitchen area but it has worked fine for me. I can not recommend the distributor, Zigby's Kitchen. They were quite friendly on the phone when I asked that they send me more installation bolts, but NEVER followed through with it. The sink only came with 6 and I needed 8 or 10 according to the instructions. My plumber thought the bolts were of poor quality anyway. He had a machinist friend make some stainless steel ones to finish the job. I called the retailer probably 5-6 times to ask them to mail these bolts to me and they always stated they were doing this. Again, never happened.

The sink is fine, but I would look elsewhere. The C-Tech faucet I got from them crapped out in 2 years, the pull down head broke apart.

I would look for something else entirely.

o

thanks for sharing your experience. Always good to know the details of shopping for products first hand . Are you planning on replacing the sink and would you go topmount again?

o

I am keeping the sink and I hope it gives me years of service. Once mounted it has not been a problem. I installed the counters with my husbands help. They are soapstone so was a DIY project. If I need a sink in the future, I will need to get an over mount sink to cover up the rough cut that was done on the counter for the sink hole. I don't know if I'll find a sink to fit or not. If I ever need a new sink I might have to get a new counter too :/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here